sky HD and SD picture quality getting poorer and poorer

lexloofah

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Has anybody noticed just how poor the picture is becoming on sky movies especially. When sky HD first came out it was comparable to blu ray, OK the colours were not all there and there was a tradeoff in sharpness but it wasn't a million miles away. Nowadays watching sky movies in HD is like a poor quality DVD download, and SD is just plain awful. What are they playing at? Are they just 'squeezing' as many HD channels down a bottleneck as they can, or are they saving money somehow by not using as much bandwidth, I don't know? Some of the HD channels seem really good ( there's a Japanese news one and Eurosport are good) but sky's channels just seem poor. Or is it just me?

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
This site will show u the bitrates for the various channels - select search by channel...

The HD sports channels are by far and away the best with SkySports1 HD having an average bitrate of 15Mbps mp4, compared to Sky Prem HD which only has an average bitrate of 6.5Mbps mp4.

oops - heres the link

http://en.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?mux=12285&pid=17037&live=61&lang=en

KieraMcLean

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I think this issue is happing with you. You must ask people around you too. As they are into the same situation or not. If yes, then you must consult your nearby installer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts