SKY HD CONNECTIONS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but i couldn't find the answer in a search of the threads....I just had Sky HD fitted today, it is connected directly to my Sony KDL 40W 2000 with a sky supplied HDMI lead...so 3 questions really, will i notice any improvement if i upgrade the cable? (i have been told that a company called THE MISSING LINK do extremely good cables ) can anyone verify this?...Another question is...what is the best way (highest quality) to connect the HD box to my Sony STR-DA 2400 , so that i can enjoy surround sound ? At the moment sound only comes from the TV...And finally , i curently use my Panasonic DMR EX77. to watch DVD's through the amp..What is the best way to connect this to the Sky HD box so that i can use it to record Sky transmissions, the reason for this is that it has a DVD writer which i can then use to put progs onto a disc...Thanks for all help

daveh75

KEFMAN:

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but i couldn't find the answer in a search of the threads....I just had Sky HD fitted today, it is connected directly to my Sony KDL 40W 2000 with a sky supplied HDMI lead...so 3 questions really, will i notice any improvement if i upgrade the cable? (i have been told that a company called THE MISSING LINK do extremely good cables ) can anyone verify this?.Cant comment on that particular cable as havn't tried it.... But a quick forum search for HDMI threads and you'll soon realise that hdmi/digital cables are a frequent topic of heated debate and you're not likely to get a definitive answer,so my advise would be to try the cable and if you see no improvement over the Sky supplied one then return it for a refund.

KEFMAN:

Another question is...what is the best way (highest quality) to connect the HD box to my Sony STR-DA 2400 , so that i can enjoy surround sound ? At the moment sound only comes from the TV. The best way to connect from Sky HD to your Sony receiver is to use an optical cable which will give you Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound(where available).

KEFMAN:

And finally , i curently use my Panasonic DMR EX77. to watch DVD's through the amp..What is the best way to connect this to the Sky HD box so that i can use it to record Sky transmissions, the reason for this is that it has a DVD writer which i can then use to put progs onto a disc...Thanks for all help

To connect your Sky to the ex77 the only option really is to use a scart lead.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your swift reply DAVEH75...do the same rules apply for Scart and optical cables in terms of quality..?

daveh75

KEFMAN:Thanks for your swift reply DAVEH75...do the same rules apply for Scart and optical cables in terms of quality..?I'd say it does for the optical cable, as it's digital. But for scart as long as it's a well built decentish quality cable you should be fine.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Daveh75..i notice from your pic you are a MINI fan...all of my family are mini nuts...My son has a Clubman estate running a 1380 with BMW K series head (featured in Oct Mini World) i have a clubby saloon and my son in law has a modified Mayfair..

daveh75

KEFMAN:Thanks Daveh75..i notice from your pic you are a MINI fan...all of my family are mini nuts...My son has a Clubman estate running a 1380 with BMW K series head (featured in Oct Mini World) i have a clubby saloon and my son in law has a modified Mayfair..I certainly am yeah....like you am from a family of mini nut's.... I've had lot's of mini's in my time but currently have two, the one in my avatar which is actually a japanese re-import cooper sportspack and my other is an 1981 pick-up which was a complete wreck when i got it so was completely stripped then sandblasted and i have been slowly re-building over the last 6months or so.

A

Anonymous

Nice one dave thanks again for the advice, may see you at one of the Mini shows.We'll be at IMM at Longbridge....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts