Should I sell my Arcam A85 and CD72?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Okayyyy (tentatively) I am hoping to get some RS6s BUT if I end up not being able to due to my budget (400-500), which will definitely change later on in the year, would some KEF IQ5SEs be a decent stop gap? Or some B&W 684s/602.3 S3s/603s.

In theory just to last until I have more funds available to splash on hi-fi later this year.

max normal said:
Okayyyy (tentatively) I am hoping to get some RS6s BUT if I end up not being able to due to my budget (400-500), which will definitely change later on in the year, would some KEF IQ5SEs be a decent stop gap? Or some B&W 684s/602.3 S3s/603s.

In theory just to last until I have more funds available to splash on hi-fi later this year.

Hi max normal

You should be able to find a pair of Silver RS6's within your budget :)

Btw, hold out for a pair of Silver RS6's as it'll be worth the wait. You never in the mean time a pair of Silver RX6's might also come your way within your budget :bigsmile:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

max normal said:

RS6 are some of the finest sub-£1,000 floorstanders I've heard. They combine the agility of standmount monitor and the bass extension of a tower.

T

the record spot

For your money, I'd keep the existing gear, forget the DACMagic (or audition it if only to discount it at a later time) and check out the Firestone Audio Spitfire II at £250. For £350, the Emotica XDA-1 DAC would be my pick as one to audition. Item Audio can supply a demo model for you.

As for amps, the A85 would be good to hold on to I think. While Rick might not recommend it, you're already happy with the sound of it and the CD72 (but the new DAC is one way to audition alternatives open to you while utilising the Arcam transport). Lastly, while Leben, DartZeel and Pathos to name but three will all happily empty your wallet, you'll be left with a bit of an imbalance in your system. Better to work out what sound you want to hear, and which products thereafter will help you achieve that in your budget. It might not be the case that you can do that with you available spend, so you could also bear that in mind. All part of the fun. Or something!

TRENDING THREADS