Should I bother?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a onkyo htx22hd surround system,of which I use the onkyo front speakers as the rears,I have b&w 735s as fronts and a jamo a3cen4 as the center speaker, is it worth the cost of changing the onkyo speakers for better? ones, if so what would be an advised replacement, n.b. my lounge is quite small. thak you.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yukdan,

This is all a 'mix n match' sort of system. Unless you change your whole system for a single brand, I don't see how replacing the rears are going to bring about any improvement.

The front three especially - Left, Centre and Right, should be of a common brand to ensure that the sound emitted is cohesive and seamless.

So, to answer your question - no, you should not bother.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

Right ronald, I suppose I will have to purchase a b&w centre speaker, THEN I can replace the rears,which will then be the hole in my system, with what will I mend it dear ronald, with what!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
yukdan:THEN I can replace the rears,which will then be the hole in my system, with what will I mend it dear ronald, with what!

B&W M1s? Did you have a budget in mind?

On the centre, the key thing is it blends with the fronts, so buying just any B&W speakers may not improve the experience. I've googled the B&W 735s but can't find any reference to them, are they very old? If so, you may struggle to find something - ultimately you should audition any centre before purchasing to ensure the balance is achieved between them all. A local B&W dealer could no doubt advise you.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yukdan,

Precisely why I said not to bother. You need a B&W centre that is timbre-matched tonally with your 735's and you will not find it.

Enjoy your system as they are now and save for a better system for the future.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

front spakers are 685 NOT 785 sorry! advise now please.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ah, in which case, go for the HTM62 centre and the M1 rears - this is what I run and it's an excellent setup (IMHO
emotion-5.gif
).

The official 685 Home Theatre package uses the 686s for rears, and if you have the space, this will be a better bet. However, I was tight for space for my rears and I decided on the M1s and they produce an excellent sound.

A

Anonymous

canada16,I don't know how to

frofessorhat, thank you, a constructive reply, lets see what other advice comes forward.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts