Sharp LC40LE820E

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to the forums but have been reading the magazine for some time.

Is the Sharp TV listed above a new model or a really old one? The thing is I've been offered a brand new one of these today through a work affinity scheme for half of the listed price which I'm told is £1,399.00. I can't see it listed in the magazine and can't find it on here although it is listed on Sharp Directs website for £1,399.00

http://www.sharpdirect.co.uk/Quattron-Super-slim-LED-TVs/LC40LE820E-40-inch-LED-Backlight-Super-Slimline-4-Colour-Pixel-HD-Ready-1080P-LCD-TV/invt/lc40le820e?source=139_4

Can anyone tell me anymore about this set? Is that deal any good, more importantly is the TV any good?

A

Anonymous

There is also the LE925 which is the top model. Both have got excelent ratings. You may also check the PFL7605, not sure the price difference justifies the difference in PQ - if any real difference.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I've just read the review of the LC-LE46821 in the June issue and it reviews quite well. My main issue is value. I was about to spend about £650 on the Sony KDL-40EX503 but for similar money could get this Sharp. Can anyone say how they stand up to each other, my theory is that the Sharp is a premium product and should be better than the Sony but I would like an "expert" opinion. The TV will be used for HD viewing through Sky and Blue Ray along with SD through Sky aswell.

A

Anonymous

The core difference is the Sharp uses the new UV2A panel, which is superiour to the "old" LCD technology like the panel used in the Sony you mention. I mentioned the PFL7605 since it is also using the Sharp UV2A panel.

Any LCD with the UV2A panel will do fine - even the PFL5605. The way to see if a LCD uses the UV2A panel, is by checking the viewing angle - 176 deg is charateristic for the UV2A panel.

A

Anonymous

All Philips 2010 7000-9000 and some 5000. All 2010 Sharp models, some of the high-end 2010 Sony.

The new UV2A panel is simply born with better specs - nativly faster, a native deeper black level, nativly bettter gray scale. and a native higher contrast of above 5000:1, which should be the highest on any panel technology ( except OLED ).

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Peter, reading your comments I get a dejavu to several Danish forums...

Is it easier to get your message through here about the superiority of UV2A panels and matte screens compared to the Danish forums?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts