Shallow cable question...

Farmitou

New member
Nov 3, 2011
9
0
0
Right... a bit shallow this one. I'm moving my computer and will need a budget 5m phono cable. With Christmas around the corner, just blowing near a £1000 on speaker cable I'm a little skint at the moment! I want the cable to look good as well as sounding great, to help match in the rest of the phono's, which are wire worlds. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a sub £100 cable that ill do the job!
 

Farmitou

New member
Nov 3, 2011
9
0
0
I looked into the Chord crimson and a few reviews point to these being ok for systems upto about the grand mark. I'm just wondering if there is any super bargains out there that I've missed.
 

Craig M.

New member
Mar 20, 2008
127
0
0
oh. my. god.

get whatever cable floats your boat, but don't pretend they sound different.

actually, do i read that right, you've recently spent a grand on speaker cable?! :help:
 

Electro

Well-known member
Mar 30, 2011
43
3
18,545
Van Damme Black Ultra interconnect Cables 5mtr for £31.50 inc postage , to be found on a well known auction site .

Will do what you want perfectly !



Here is some info and spec .

This cable uses Van Damme's high quality instrument cable as used in recording studios, which is also recommended for use as high quality interconnects. If music is mastered using this cable then what better cable to use to play the music back on. Under testing this cable proved to out perform other interconnects at three times their price.This cable is terminated by our engineers in the UK and goes through stringent tests both stoically and mechanically.Superb for use between DVD AMP, CD AMP, TUNER AMP, TV TO AMP. The dialectic shield prevents any unwanted external interference.

  • Specifications
  • Terminated with 24ct gold RCA plugs.
  • Terminations made using silver solder to maintain the signals high quality transfer
  • The use of silver solder ensures that the termination remains free of oxidation, this ensures the signal quality remains at its highest, for a long time.
  • This is for one pair terminated.
  • This cable has undergone some mechanical changes to its construction.
  • Silver plated conductors have been inserted in to the central core.
  • Work has been carried out on the overall construction and shielding for added Am rejection.
  • Stoically this cable is now better than ever - a sonic marvel.
 

Farmitou

New member
Nov 3, 2011
9
0
0
Yeah got a pair of Shunyata Research, the sound is better than before... tighter and better sound stage. I never used to believe that cables make a difference but they do!

Again thought about the Van Dammes of flea bay but there's a lot of warnings on the web that 50% of them are fakes and when cut open crap quality!
 

Craig M.

New member
Mar 20, 2008
127
0
0
Farmitou said:
Yeah got a pair of Shunyata Research, the sound is better than before... tighter and better sound stage. I never used to believe that cables make a difference but they do!

Again thought about the Van Dammes of flea bay but there's a lot of warnings on the web that 50% of them are fakes and when cut open crap quality!
i recommend you get someone to blind test you with them, you'll be back to believing they make no difference.
 

CJSF

New member
May 25, 2011
251
1
0
Craig M. said:
Farmitou said:
Yeah got a pair of Shunyata Research, the sound is better than before... tighter and better sound stage. I never used to believe that cables make a difference but they do!

Again thought about the Van Dammes of flea bay but there's a lot of warnings on the web that 50% of them are fakes and when cut open crap quality!
i recommend you get someone to blind test you with them, you'll be back to believing they make no difference.
Agree totally Craig, been there don that, agreed the sound can often be 'different' . . . but better??? Its trade offs all the time, end up going around in circles, eventually disappearing up ones own *****:?

CJSF
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Craig M. said:
oh. my. god.

get whatever cable floats your boat, but don't pretend they sound different.

actually, do i read that right, you've recently spent a grand on speaker cable?! :help:
Some people have more money than sense, but I suppose if spending £1000 on pretty cable makes him happy then it makes him happy, although it wont make his hi hi-fi sound better, thats an illusion.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts