Stripping Speaker Wire Outer Casing?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gray

Hi Gary, I use them on multicore cables from flex to 16 core, every size from 0.5. to 1.5mm. Thats why I use them strips outer sheath and inner sheaths with the same pair only have to switch for crimping.
I see, well I reckon you've got good control of your pressure then James 👍

They looked to me like some wire shears that I've got. With very little pressure on their long handles, they cut clean through 2.5mm twin and earth as if it wasn't there.....with less effort they'd take your finger off.

That speaker cable has virtually no outer insulation - my shears would be my last choice for removing it......I wouldn't have the control to prevent me chopping through 😜

WayneKerr

Try these, I've been using them for a couple of decades, a pair normally lasts me 4 or 5 years and I use them countiously day in day out at work. Bite the cable rotate and pull you'll get an excellent finish.

ref=ox_sc_saved_image_4
Knipex do make some good gear, I've got some Knipex strippers and they perform very well. Not sure I could use these shears for stripping though, you must have the touch :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts