Sennheiser Momentum headphones on the ear and over the ear any good?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

As above, I thought I would check these headphones out too, and just wanted some opinions on them. Which is more comfortable? Which sounds better? Which is cheapest? Was one an award winner in WHF? Anyone own them too? All views welcome. Thanks

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you want them for. I've got a pair of on-ear Momentums that I alternate with Klipsch X10i out of the house. I chose them because they are a closed design—so don't bother people nearby—, can be driven well just by the amp in the iPhone, and I don't feel so very self-conscious wearing them as I would with more flashy designs. On top of that, they sound good and I'm happy.

With these requirements and for the price, I think they are among the best you can buy.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought some from the Bristol show in ivory £99. I to have x10i which are far better. I find the momentum a little laid back though not run in.

D

Deleted member 2457

unsleepable said:
It depends on what you want them for. I've got a pair of on-ear Momentums that I alternate with Klipsch X10i out of the house. I chose them because they are a closed design—so don't bother people nearby—, can be driven well just by the amp in the iPhone, and I don't feel so very self-conscious wearing them as I would with more flashy designs. On top of that, they sound good and I'm happy.

With these requirements and for the price, I think they are among the best you can buy.
Cheers! Do you know how to buy them on the Spanish Amazon?

D

Deleted member 2457

iQ Speakers said:
I bought some from the Bristol show in ivory £99. I to have x10i which are far better. I find the momentum a little laid back though not run in.
Whats the x10i? Did you get over the ear or on the ear headphones for £99? Do you know how to buy them on the Spanish Amazon too? Cheers!

rainsoothe

The over-ears have better reviews then the on-ears. I, for one, have only heard the over-ears, and they're awesome - smooth yet detailed. Also, very very confy hand light, you can wear outside np. But if you're looking for a really exciting sound, with pronounced highs, the Momentums are a no-no.

D

Deleted member 2457

rainsoothe said:
The over-ears have better reviews then the on-ears. I, for one, have only heard the over-ears, and they're awesome - smooth yet detailed. Also, very very confy hand light, you can wear outside np. But if you're looking for a really exciting sound, with pronounced highs, the Momentums are a no-no.
Hi, I am looking for exciting sound and comfy fit, any recommendations?

D

Deleted member 2457

rainsoothe said:
B&W i guess? P5 or P7. Or Audio Technica. Never heard Grado, but they are very well reviewed. Don't get me wrong though, the Momentums sound great - depends on what you feed them with.
I will be feeding them an IPad and iPhone. Would that be good?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I have the on-ears. They are not neutral, but have a fun sound imo, quite V-shaped but not to the degree of Beats, ie they still sound like Hi-fidelity headphones.

I preferred the on-ears personally as the over-ears are still on-ears for me as the cups are on the small size for over-ears. From memory the over-ears sound similar, but possibly slightly less pronounced bass.

I stopped using them as they are a little small for my head and whilst they are super-comfy short-term, the grip starts to ache for me personally.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
iQ Speakers said:
Whats the x10i? Did you get over the ear or on the ear headphones for £99? Do you know how to buy them on the Spanish Amazon too? Cheers!
Klipsch X10i in ear so so comfatable i go to sleep with them in, brilaint sound, On ear for £99 exiting they are not!, Richer are doing the black ones for £99 in the VIP Club, but if you Google different retailers have certain colours cheaper than the rest.

D

Deleted member 2457

fr0g said:
I have the on-ears. They are not neutral, but have a fun sound imo, quite V-shaped but not to the degree of Beats, ie they still sound like Hi-fidelity headphones.

I preferred the on-ears personally as the over-ears are still on-ears for me as the cups are on the small size for over-ears. From memory the over-ears sound similar, but possibly slightly less pronounced bass.

I stopped using them as they are a little small for my head and whilst they are super-comfy short-term, the grip starts to ache for me personally.
Cheers! What would you recommend then?

D

Deleted member 2457

iQ Speakers said:
gel said:
iQ Speakers said:
Klipsch X10i in ear so so comfatable i go to sleep with them in, brilaint sound, On ear for £99 exiting they are not!, Richer are doing the black ones for £99 in the VIP Club, but if you Google different retailers have certain colours cheaper than the rest.
Cheers for that. Any more recommendations, what about the B&O H2's? Are they good?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
iQ Speakers said:

Bear in mind Gel that if anything goes wrong with them you will have to shell out to get them sent back to Spain etc etc.

rainsoothe

gel said:
rainsoothe said:
B&W i guess? P5 or P7. Or Audio Technica. Never heard Grado, but they are very well reviewed. Don't get me wrong though, the Momentums sound great - depends on what you feed them with.
I will be feeding them an IPad and iPhone. Would that be good?

well, as far as I know, iDevices have a pretty forward sound, so the Momentums should complement them just fine (I heard them on the end of an Iphone 4s and on a HTC One M8 and they sounded good to me, but I wouldn't presume if they would satisfy you - they're not dull though, that's for sure)

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I did own the over ear ones, could not get on with them. Sold them on for a small loss. Had issue with bass, sounded a bit OTT, maybe even boomy. But the sealed back over ears which are small by the way just felt a little closterfobic to me. Also I did not find them comfortable, the over head band is hard, the cups get hot after about 20 mins when used at home. I would not use outside, too large for me. Yes they were WHF headphones of the year. Think there are better ones available now.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I heard some pretty high end cans at the show on the end of A&K players and I thought most of them very shouty. The M's are very laid back by comparison. The X10i have them beat in every way.

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Cheers! Do you know how to buy them on the Spanish Amazon?

Just run a search for them in the Spanish Amazon site… I am trying to include a link but the verification thing of the antispam system of the forum is failing—yet again.

As for the over-ear, they sound better but are also bigger and so, even less discreet. Also, before buying it would make sense to try them on, to make sure that they really cover the ears.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts