Searching forums

scene

Am I going slightly mad(der) - but I can't seem to search the forums for topics / threads / etc.

I know before the forum upgrade that used to be possible, and I can't believe that functionality is missing - so where is it, please?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
scene said:
so where is it, please?

prd_7488204__date_and_wheaten_scone_001.jpg

scene

What, completely scone?

You are kidding - and pitchfork and torch wielding peasants haven't stormed What Hi Fi Castle demanding it be re-instated? It was one of the most useful features of the forum as it allowed you to search for useful information from previous posts, prevented excessive duplicates, etc.

Please can What Hi Fi restore the forum search??? Otherwise I may have to go and sharpen my pitchfork...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
scene said:
What, completely scone?

You are kidding - and pitchfork and torch wielding peasants haven't stormed What Hi Fi Castle demanding it be re-instated?

Where have you been? People have been complaining about this for months!

It was one of the most useful features of the forum as it allowed you to search for useful information from previous posts, prevented excessive duplicates, etc.

Please can What Hi Fi restore the forum search??? Otherwise I may have to go and sharpen my pitchfork...

Website resources are currently working on the STUFF webpage, WHF issue have to wait until they've finished, apparently there is a way you can search the forums only using google but I can't remember what it is.

scene

I've been very busy working...

And after the forum upgrade I got so hacked off trying to use the site my usage had dropped off anyway...

New Year, project live, a bit of time (and money *biggrin* ) in hand, I thought I'd return to my old haunt and do some research and postings.

Ho hum - thought things would have improved more... Though that's a little unfair, at least posting seems a little more reliable...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Along with other things, we've given up on the search. (It was never that good even when it did work.)

Just append ... 'site:www.whathifi.com' (without the quotes) to your search terms in Google.

scene

chebby said:
Along with other things, we've given up on the search. (It was never that good even when it did work.)

Just append ... 'site:whathifi.com' (without the quotes) to your search terms in Google.

Thanks for that chebby. But that will search the whole site - shame it's not forum specific, and shame you have to do this from outside the site...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
scene said:
chebby said:

Just append ... 'site:whathifi.com' (without the quotes) to your search terms in Google.

Thanks for that chebby. But that will search the whole site - shame it's not forum specific,

site:http://www.whathifi.com/forum

scene

The_Lhc said:
scene said:
chebby said:

Thanks for that chebby. But that will search the whole site - shame it's not forum specific,

site:http://www.whathifi.com/forum

Yup, of course. Thanks for that The_Lhc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts