Screen burn

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have been using 32" lcd recently as a PC monitor. Confidently, because lcd's don't suffer from screen burn/image retension.

BS, when i switched to spotify with it's dark grey background, there was clearly the horizon landscape outline and blotchyness, also the circle of the clock from the sidebar gadget.etc.

I thought only older plasmas were susseptable to this, however my old plasma not once has had any screen burn trouble even with PC connected.

So my first experience of screen burn is on a product that is supposedly not at risk from it. And the one that is,ie the plasma is fine.

I'll check tomorrow to see if it's cleared or if there's permanant damage. I hope not.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
It's definitely not the screen burn we associate with CRTs or plasmas, there's no phosphor coating on an LCD screen to burn off.

Try searching on Google (other search engines are available) for lcd image persistence, the results should be able to explain things a whole lot better than me at this time of the morning.

P.s. I'll be interested to hear if your screen is still affected later today.

A

Anonymous

Phew, there doesn't seem to be permanent damage as of this morning. Last night when the screen was blank you could still see shaped outlines especialy images from the task bar.

To be on the safe side i think i'll set to automatically hide the taskbar and just have a blank screen background and no gadgets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts