Samsung UE46B8000 Motion Blur

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Over the past number of weeks i have started to notice quite a bit of motion blur. It seem particularly really obvious when watching the kids Lilo and Stitch (when the chap is in the bottom corner using sign language) it looks like something off the matrix when keanu Reeves is fighting. I have panasonic tv in another room which sky is hooked up through a magic eye and that seems fine. i have had the tv about 2 1/2 months.

any suggestions welcome

notaclue

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
I have the same TV and its got a million and one settings, I have just watched the tennis without noticing much blur, and you dont get more testing material than that to watch (although its not as good as clean as my plasma - however the picture is much sharper, I think). Its really a case of playing with the settings till you find one you like. Ironically I found the more you reduce the 'blur' setting in the 'motion plus' menu, the less blur you get, although it does soften the picture. Having said that it depends on how you have the other settings on the advanced settings such as 'edge enhancement and 'LED motion plus'. Also makes a difference which Mode you have it set to - I use 'Movie''.

Sorry that probably doesn't help much, what I would say is that you can make the picture go from outstanding to appalling just by changing some of the combinations of options.

You could try these settings as they come recomended:

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdtvreviews/samsung-un46b8000-calibration.html

A

Anonymous

Hi. This may or may not help, but last year I got an LE40B650 and for a while I was disappointed with the amount of blur I was getting. Anyway, I eventually plumped for "custom" motionflow settings with both Judder abd Blur set to 3. Now I find the picture fantastic on all types of viewing.

Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS