Samsung BD1250 Cable Preparation

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Samsung Series 6 LCD and am hoping to buy the 5.1 Bluray surround system BD1250 in a months time, I am decorationg and would like to bury the cable for the corner speakers in the walls, in conduit very soon (this week).

I have looked for reviews on this system and the only one I found said the speaker cables are too thin. Does anyone know (I am a complete novice) what speaker cable would be best to buy to replace the one the system comes with and if I can just bury it without any special connectors on the end, i.e. will it likely be the type where you just press the red and black prong and slip the cable in the spring held thing.

If you can recommend cable, and doing this is ok, can you tell me where to get this sort of cable? I looked on Ebay and items on there called QED cable are stating they are the best, but a mate said unless I'm buying a mega top of the range system (I'm not) I should just bury twin speaker cable from an electrical wholesaler.

Thanks, Paul

PS Did you know the smallest Series 6 lcd tv doesn't come with 100mhz flicker rate and the picture is sometimes jerky, hence why I'm buying a bluray system, to see what capabilities my tv actually has. (I have no sky tv)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The Samsung uses little two-pin plugs at the 'head unit' end of the speaker cables, but springclips at the speaker end.

I guess you'd have to check with Samsung whether these plugs can be removed and put on different - ie longer - cables, but really I see no point in upgrading to more susbtantial cables on a system like this.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
If you check sites such as audiovisualonline.co.uk etc. you will find 'Instal' cable that doesn't cost the earth. QED, Ixos etc. all make install cable suitable for your application. I'm also a big fan of Van Damme cables, it's brilliant quality and cheap. Just use bare wire. I'm not sure what your speakers are like but they probably have spring clips.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts