Russ Andrews DAC-1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anybody have any experience with the Russ Andrews DAC-1?

I was reading a very positive review online and was wondering what peoples experiences were.

I am considering a DAC to add to my Sonos ZP80 and was considering a Cyrus DACX before reading the review. Since the Russ Andrews is sold online it is not possible to demo so all feedback would be greatly received.

Any comments welcome.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Don't forget to buy one of these, a light comes on, then goes off again, other than that, it does nothing, but it's only £3,130.00, so why not?

Have a look on ebay too, there's plenty of hugely satisfied Russ Andrews customers selling their hardly used, overpriced gear, for a lot less than they paid for it.

*dash1*

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I like the idea... light switcher, hand build, hand picked and made in uk? why they didnt call it: black diamond edition crystal signature russ refference mark II ... It could be massive success.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Holy crap who was this person sadly no longer on the forum with 51,000 posts.

I think at some point, I guess in 2013, since that's when 'admin' apparently joined the site, the wondrous software gathered together all the banned posters and decided they were all site administrators, or something like that. I certainly recognise some posts from a few of the more notorious characters of the past now appearing under the name of 'admin'.

Why? Very good question...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
lpv said:
so they all not anymore on forum but last seen 20hrs ago?

You need to ask the What Hi-fi? staff to ask the Haymarket IT people but, in the case of the forum, neither exist anymore in any practical sense.

You could send an email (see 'contacts' at foot of page) but no-one seems to care about the important stuff (like removing links to prostitutes or forgers of fake passports/documents), so getting an explanation of how stats are collected for 'redundant' userids is not high on their list.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
And the Russ Andrews DAC-1 was actually a re-badged Stello DA-100.

That's like saying an AMG Mercedes is just a rebadged Merc. There are so many performance upgrades that justify the increase in price.

*dirol*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts