Rplacing both PS3 and Arcam DV27A

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently using my Arcam DV27A DVD (purely for DVD payback) which is vastly superior to my PS3 for both sound and standard DVD picture quality (except for Bluray of course where the PS3 is excellent).

I now wish to purchase a bluray player which would replace both the DV27A and PS3 and am considering the Pioneer BDP 51FD or better (to partner with my Arcam AVR300). Is this gong to be as good or better than my PS3 and DV27A or do I need to increase my budget? Is there really a noticable difference on Bluray playback re PS3 verses a later model such as the Pioneer.

Equipment consist of Acam AVR 300, Arcam DV 27A, Spendor S3E (bi-wired) front/centre and Mission rear...all linked via atlas hyper 2 speaker cable/Chord HDMI. My hi-fi set up is a Cyrus CD8X connected via Chord chamelian silver plus using a Sugden Bijiou Headmaster as a pre-amp to my AVR 300

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
andyhunter:I am currently using my Arcam DV27A DVD (purely for DVD payback) which is vastly superior to my PS3 for both sound and standard DVD picture quality (except for Bluray of course where the PS3 is excellent).

I now wish to purchase a bluray player which would replace both the DV27A and PS3 and am considering the Pioneer BDP 51FD or better (to partner with my Arcam AVR300). Is this gong to be as good or better than my PS3 and DV27A or do I need to increase my budget? Is there really a noticable difference on Bluray playback re PS3 verses a later model such as the Pioneer.

Equipment consist of Acam AVR 300, Arcam DV 27A, Spendor S3E (bi-wired) front/centre and Mission rear...all linked via atlas hyper 2 speaker cable/Chord HDMI. My hi-fi set up is a Cyrus CD8X connected via Chord chamelian silver plus using a Sugden Bijiou Headmaster as a pre-amp to my AVR 300

I used to have the DV27A and I replaced it with the Sony BDPS550. This gives better quality dvd playback for sure.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I've just replaced my Sony BDP-S350 with a Denon 2500BT which is better, but not £440 better in my opinion. Having said that, if you want the player to upscale DVD to 1080p rather than a Home Cinema amp, the Denon does an excellent job, beating the HQV Reon in my Onkyo 905.

In retrospect I would have probably bought the Pioneer BDP 51FD instead of the Denon and saved some money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts