should i change new yamaha to old arcam??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ive been umming and aahing over changing my yamaha 763 to an older arcam avr 280/300/350. im using a ps3 for blu ray and humax freesat hd at the moment, running both a samsung 32" lcd and sanyo z700 projector from the amp (via a hdmi splitter box). the speaker system is the monitor audio radius 90s x2 (fronts) , r180 centre and r45 x2 (backs) and the radius 360 sub.

my dilemma is this... I enjoy the sound every now and again off movies, it doesnt seem to have the punch or weight as i have heard from some systems, but still is ok. would i be better off changing the amp and ps3 to an older arcam reciever and a blu ray with multichannel outs, as i believe i would get a better quality sound?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I all I can say is I find my samsung BDP-2500 via analogues into an Arcam AVR280 a brilliant sound experience through decent speakers on 5.1. I love the Arcam for Blu-Ray and DVD but I am going to upgrade to Cyrus Amp/CD Player for purely music to just improve it overall.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

that sounds a nice set up. i was considering getting an arcam stand alone cd player or arcam dvd for playing music on to go alongside the avr. what will you do with the 280?

A

Anonymous

No sorry. Keeping the Arcam for AV and buying Cyrus' for CD/ipod/Turntable etc.

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts