Upgrade AV amp, blu-ray player and TV

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 116933

Bonajones38 said:
Hi! just looked up Anthem's website. Your both right. The 310 does not allow Bi-amping of front R & L speakers. So it has to be the 7.1 amp then or, as suggested, the marantz or another Arcam (a bit expensive).

When I update what can I do with my Sony KDL-46. 4500 TV; Pioneer BDP-51FD blu-ray player and Arcam AVR300?? (that's a total of 4000 Euro's worth originally),

What have others done with out-of-date equipment? It must have some value. I know Arcam offer a rebate on old AVRs (although not much). But I would need to sell if I get Anthem, or Marantz.

Trade it in with the dealer of choice and get some money back on what you buy. I do it all the time. The arcam should still have some value to it..and so should the rest of the stuff. It will save you the hassel of shipping and time wasters on ebay or you prefered market place.

But as i have said i think its best to wait for the amp. No amp is carring the new DTS format and we dont know if the 4k format is going to have a revision to specs (could nothing is set in stone just yet), not all amps are carring the HDCP 2.2 and/or passing through 4k at 60hz at 4.4.4 colour space (and thats only passing through i would really like it be native to the amp like 1080p is nower days) some amps at the moment dont even have the revised 2.0 HDMI spec. I woud wait for the Blu ray players and go from there personally. Your in no rush. By all means listen and get idea of sounds good and do your research

Bonajones38

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Need help! Problem ; - my front left & right stereo speakers get no signal from a new, free cable set top box/recorder from Ziggo called Horizon Mediabox. ( I live in the Netherlands with cable TV.) This replaced the Humax from which I had to extract the interconnect cables which were connected to my stereo amp (which I use to drive my front stereo speakers). (This is bi-amped to my surround amp because I use my hi-end front speakers for surround sound and for music). The new media box has no inputs for the interconnect cables only an optical out to my surround amp. CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays all work fine through my L R speakers, its just the signal from the new Media box. The front and rear surrounds all get the pair of fronsignal. Question - how can I restore the L R front signal with some kind of cable connection without dumping the free mediabox , or buying a new up-to-date Humax , or re-connecting the original unused front surround speakers to my AV reciever.

Relevant equipment: Arcam A28 amp; Arcam AVR300 reciever (no HDMI sockets).

Bonajones38

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
There is only one solution, given the conditions I placed;- dump the free Mediabox and get one that has L & R inputs and has all the facilities we want - 7day rewind, record 2 channels (or view 1 & record 1); record series, free film or hire films on demand etc.

So thanks to anyone who has tried to tackle the problem I posted.

TRENDING THREADS