Rotel Ra 10 or Arcam FMJ A 19 for B&W 683

atishaysingh

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
:roll: :roll: :roll: HI I am New to this Hi fi World and i am no expert. I have recently bought B&W 683 in India. I am Now looking for a amp as the speakers are yet to be delivered.(Shipment Delay) I am looking for an amp between 300 to 1000 US dollars. As per reveiws Rotel RA 10 and Arcam FMJ A 19 Seem to be good.

I want detail and excellent vocals. I have auditioned ra 10 with B&W 683 once found them to be ok but will have to audition once again before passing a verdict. I have not auditioned Arcam though and cant audition them with 683 for sure as its a difereent dealer. in India i am getting Ra 10 for 700 dollars and Arcam for 900. So i am paying a bit more for Ra 10 vs Arcam as compared to international Prices.

I am damn confused. Also open to suggetions on other amps. Also suggest a CDP matching the amp. I have my eyes on marantz 6005. Audiolab not available in India...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Either of those amplifiers should work well with the 683s, but I would probably edge towards the Rotel as they tend to be better than most at controlling the (sometimes slightly excessive) bass of the B&W floorstanding speakers.

atishaysingh

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks David but do you think i should consider as what hi fi says the scale in the arcam fmj a 19 and the point that it competes with cyrus 6a and naim is itself a testimony.

Yes but there is a fact that B&W and rotel share the same family which gives it may be the compatibility edge

Also what other amp would work well in your opinion. what abour cdp...

atishaysingh

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I will figure out about the availability of creek in India. Although what about A 19 Vs Rotel do you guys agree with david or A 19 is a better choice.........

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
i.m looking at a quality budget amp myself and am considering the rotel ra 10 although not sure if its powerful enough for my cm1s...........other than that im considering the yamaha as500

audioaddict said:
i.m looking at a quality budget amp myself and am considering the rotel ra 10 although not sure if its powerful enough for my cm1s...........other than that im considering the yamaha as500

Personally I think the RA-10 might be more of a sideways step than upgrade. I certainly recommend Rotel with B&W speakers (actually heard your CM1s with the old RA-06); you'll know some associated makes work and others don't, but Rotel and B&W does very well, for the that sort of price bracket.

Saying that I would probably be looking at the RA-12 rather than the 10.

atishaysingh

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I might have been tempted for a ra 12 but to get things back to square 1 as arcam fmj a 19... Iis the group test winner over ra 12. Not only that it got a 4 star compared to 5 of fmj... Also in India i can consider Cyrus 6a or niam for that kind of money

atishaysingh said:
I might have been tempted for a ra 12 but to get things back to square 1 as arcam fmj a 19... Iis the group test winner over ra 12. Not only that it got a 4 star compared to 5 of fmj... Also in India i can consider Cyrus 6a or niam for that kind of money

People often judge a product purely on a Group Test win or how many stars a product gets. In the right set-up the Rotel will be a match for the Arcam... and you'll be listening to it in isolation, whereas the testers have numerous amps, speakers (of all prices to test against).

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
BigH said:
MUSICRAFT said:
subaha accha aitshaysingh

Would you also consider used/discontinued equipment please?

bada mem

Rick @ Musicraft

Probably difficult in India?

Hi BIGH

Probably but good to make him aware of other options via an alternative route though.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Yes I agree with that sort money a used amp. would prob. be my choice if you can find a good one. Or similar amp for much less, I even seen A19 go for £409 already.

atishaysingh

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I am Also considering the 1520 rotel and RA 10 and Arcam A 19. Now help me lower down. The Rotel Ra 10 for 650 usd the Ra 1520 well around 1200 usd and Arcam A 19 for 850 USD. And speakers are already in as i said the B & W 683. Need some serious and worthy guidance as i am very close to the purchasing date......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts