Roon v1.5

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:
Are you an album listener or do you prefer individual tracks or playlists?

I don't listen to individual LP anymore

I like to not know what's next.

All my music is set up in 4 genre
Hard, medium, soft and live

Mostly I listen all genre together on shuffle.

I rarely get time to just sit and listen
You can hit shuffle in Roon weather artist, genre, whatever filters you apply. Or better yet use Roon radio. It will randomly play similar tracks to what has been played previously.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:
Are you an album listener or do you prefer individual tracks or playlists?

I don't listen to individual LP anymore

I like to not know what's next.

All my music is set up in 4 genre
Hard, medium, soft and live

Mostly I listen all genre together on shuffle.

I rarely get time to just sit and listen
You can hit shuffle in Roon weather artist, genre, whatever filters you apply. Or better yet use Roon radio. It will randomly play similar tracks to what has been played previously.

That is what i do

insider9

Andrewjvt said:
That is what i do

thumbs_up.png

ivavcr

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
It is clearly my fault that I was too slow. I spent some time googling the code but had no luck.

Anyway, tomorrow is another day and my luck may change!

ivavcr

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I must have misspelled something. As a part of the package a free month of Tidal with some MQA I can finally try!

Sunday is going to be very, very busy!

Thank you very much again Insider!

ivavcr

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The first impression last night was how quickly it finished indexing my library. I heared it for a couple of seconds only (my wife was watching TV) just to establish that it is talking to my Powernode. I will definitely have a better idea about the sound, my primary interest, later today.

Hopefully, I will be able to understand all the options available and apply them properly.

ivavcr

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Right now I am overwhelmed with the number of available options. Before I start asking too many questions I will try to reach a basic level of familiarity with the program.

I must say that I am very impressed by initial listening tests!

One question that is probably quite simple: I am currently playing music from my USB HD connected to my Win 10 PC. That library has been discovered by Roon and the music is sent over WiFi to my Powernode 2. I have all the same music files on an USB flash drive directly attached to the Powernode. I assume that since that flash drive has not been discovered by Roon and if I select that flash drive as a source, it will be played by Powernode without Roon being in a path?

Since Powernode plays MQA files on its own, should I set it as RENDERER ONLY, DECODER AND RENDERER, DECODER ONLY. The default seems to be RENDERER ONLY.

Should I leave RESYNC DELAY at 0ms or increase the delay to some higher value?

insider9

I'm not using mine with a Bluesound product. In the library you can specify a network location. Whether Powernode will show up with flash drive connected to it I don't know.

As to MQA is Powernode showing up as Roon Networked device? If so Roon would send MQA as RENDERER ONLY which leaves all MQA processing to the Node (I think).

You only need to worry about syncing if you're running more than one zone at a time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts