Roksan Kany K2 - good bye arcam a32...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently purchase the last arcam a32 and took it to an audition coupled with the proac D15 in order decide between the SC1 and the d15, something wentr wrong and both the amp and the speakers got damaged. took back the arcam to other shop and was told it would take about two keeks before they got back to me. i said no way, i will relace it with the Roksan Kandy K2. As much as i hate to admit it, specially because the arcam was so full of subtlelties, the K2 is something else- a step ahead. The clarity is simply stunning, the sheer detail is imbued with such presence. It is actually hard to believe that yyou could get such a piece ok kit for £700. It has the power and perhaps even more detail than the cyrus, yet it is much warmer. I couldn't emphasis how good it is. It also has a 'split' personality. If you listen to pop or something a bit heavier you'd think that's what it is designed for; yet as soon as you listen to full-scale orchestra/chamber musi, you think exacly the same. It is a special kind of 'all-rounder' not in the sense that it accomodate different muscal styles well; one simply gets the best of many worlds, without any compromise. I 'm afraid i could's say the same about the arcam32. It was very good with classical, and the politeness and wooliness most pleasant; but the roksan provides thgis and much more. just go for it without thinking twice. Sorry Hughes...ah, the D15 are SUPERB high end stuff.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Bismarckian

I can't say I'm surprised but you where blowing hot and cold so I kept out of it.

Yes, I agree, the roksan is very listenable and exciting at once. Beware of the loose bass though and match carefully, the ProAcs should do nicely.

Perhaps also listen to Denon's PMA1500 (or 2000) before parting with your money if you haven't already done so. You might change your mind again.

regards

A

Anonymous

"Beware of the loose bass though and match carefully, the ProAcs should do nicely."

How would the K2 sound with the B&W 685 speakers?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
stringo:
"Beware of the loose bass though and match carefully, the ProAcs should do nicely."

How would the K2 sound with the B&W 685 speakers?

It'll go loud ...
emotion-5.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Fenton Beasley:How would the K2 sound with Tannoy Revolution R3's, Rega Planar 3 and Arcam CD72T?

This is only my opinion; The Roksan amplifier is powerful, lively, weighty and very 'together' sounding. It also has a rather nice, sweet treble. There is absolutely nothing harsh or sharp about it.

... and there lies the problem too. It lacks a bit of grit, to me at least and it is sometimes difficult to hear into recordings or perhaps a better way of describing it, it lacks a little transparency and can seem to 'morphe' what should be more separated. Probably something to do with the noise floor. Bass is on the soft side but for the money its very nice and if you want better then there's the Caspian which probably improves on the few shortcomings but its £250quid more.

As long as you don't plug in speakers which have the same traits, you should be fine. I tried it with MA's, Kef's and Mordaunt Shorts. Initially it sounded impressive with the RS6's but after a short while it became obvious that this was not a good match.

If I had to guess than I'd probably suggest ProAc, Kef, Rega and PMC as some of the brands which should match well.

regards

A

Anonymous

Bismarckian:Sorry Hughes...ah, the D15 are SUPERB high end stuff.

Well, each to their own! I havn't heard it properly yet, so I can't comment - but I wouldn't expect it to be that different...however, it sounds like it is!

What happened to the amp and the speakers then? You didn't say they had broken! I'm very suprised that either have broken; Arcam's reliability is faultless and ProAcs are hardly full of advanced technology and they make them just down the road from me and they spend alot of time perfecting each pair of speakers.

It's good that you got a sound that you like! Sounds like your immune system will be fighting off "upgraditus" this winter!

A

Anonymous

im matching the Kandy with Proac D15 ex demos. changed my mind in the end (gave up the SC1's) - can't wait!

TRENDING THREADS