Roksan Kandy L111 vs Naim nait 5i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Both of these amplifiers are highly recommended in What Hi Fi -I have a Rega P3 turntable and B & W 685 speakers. I need to replace my faulty amplifier. I intend to use my Hi Fi within a room no greater than 20 foot in maximum length.My record music collection includes rock . jazz & classical.

If the price difference is not a major consideration- Which of the 2 integrated amplifiers would you recommend?- Is the greater power output of the Roksan over the naim an important consideration?

A

Anonymous

I've listened to the Naim but opted for the Roksan as it suited my music taste better, and to my ears, was better balanced overall. It differs from one person to another. There are a lot of people out there that swear by Naim, although I've found them lacking in detail resolution and power - that's just my view.

You should carry out a side-by-side test and determine for yourself which you prefer.

A

Anonymous

My vote is for the Kandy.

Even the pound per watt relation is worse for the kandy (I assume the 50 watts in the Naim are with higher current) I'd get the Kandy for the extra ommphh!!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Sav1:

Both of these amplifiers are highly recommended in What Hi Fi -I have a Rega P3 turntable and B & W 685 speakers. I need to replace my faulty amplifier. I intend to use my Hi Fi within a room no greater than 20 foot in maximum length.My record music collection includes rock . jazz & classical.

If the price difference is not a major consideration- Which of the 2 integrated amplifiers would you recommend?- Is the greater power output of the Roksan over the naim an important consideration?

Neither one. Cyrus 8vs2. Lovely with the matching players. Imo has better rythm, focus, bass and coherence than either of the other two.

Also consider AVI's ADM9.1. Powerful and very very clean and clear sounding. Probably a jazz lovers dream. Perhaps needs a sub for rock but bass is clean without overhang.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
After a recent A/B demo for a customer, in which the customer opted for the Nait 5i, we have to say that the Nait 5i (played through Monitor Audio RS8's and Quad 11L2's) sounded much better. I've worked for a few retailers now who have stocked the Roksan, and the majority always seem to go for something else in A/B dems.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:
...the majority always seem to go for something else in A/B dems.

I went for the Rotel RA03 when A/B demoing against the Kandy. Smoother when used with the Kandy CDP.

A

Anonymous

Agreed. With the Kandy CDP, the LIII would be too over-bearing. Your Rotel balances things out nicely.

A

Anonymous

My vote is for the Naim. The Nait 5i is a very communicative little amp and times like nothing else in this price category. I'd be surprised if the Kandy would compete dynamically even though it is rated at twice the power. However, with your speakers you may prefer the Kandy. Try before you buy - hi-fi is extremely subjective, as this forum clearly shows.

A

Anonymous

Hi all i have decided to post a reply to this debate. Firstly i have just replaced my Roksan Kandi with a Naim Nait 5 i why because after 4 months of searching the net, seeking advise and also much auditioning. I have found nothing came close to yes not even close to the Naim. The Butter on my musical muffin is dripping every time i use the Naim. Timing,Sonics and pure musical sound. Yes its my opinion and only mine but as i have owned both amps i thought it was a good chance to give an opinion. The Roksan is very good at being load and in your face or as it may be your naighbours, but it just dosn,t have the musical talent of the Naim no where near and for if you are looking for a 5 star amp perhaps get the Rotal RA 04. What a budget amp (get it while you save up for a Naim) its worth the wait it truely is. Regards to you all and please its only my opinion. SIMON

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts