Arcam, Roksan, Naim & others (Preferably second hand)

hybridauth_Twitter_43371788

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px}
p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545; min-height: 15.0px}

Have a great day everyone once again,

So I was actually writing in another topic where I was literally learning where to pay attention when buying an amp and speakers since I do not know as much as you all.

Basically, I am looking to buy an amp and afterwards a pair of speakers.

To be clear; I know one should go and try by himself/herself but here in Milan, Italy, I do not have many hi-fi dealers where you can find many options. I won’t be buying them blind, of course I will find a way to listen to them since there are some dealers even though far from my place, and each has very limited variety of brands, but if I get a very good suggestion, I'll do that for sure.

Let me write down the characteristics of my music listening zone, my favourite genres and my expectations. So that you can give me the correct suggestions.

I usually listen to pink floyd kind of songs, rock but with lots of synthesizer and at the same time easy-electronic songs like l'imperatrice, bon voyage organisation etc..

I want to have a detailed sound as if the bands are playing in front of you or as if you do timetravelling and in the studio with them . . .

My room is a rectangle that I will be listening to music is 30m2.

I have hard floors, no carpet. There is a

I will connect it to my turntable which is pro-ject debut carbon dc.

My budget is 600eu each (600 for amp and 600 for speakers, the less the better)

I am very positive for second hand.

The amps I’ve been suggested are: Arcam A19, Rega Brio R, Roksan Kandy K2 and a model of Naim which I can’t recall its name.

Also; I am open for some amps which are sensationally good but underrated. Honestly, I do not hear Audio Research's name as much as the others and I am sure it is brilliant..

Please bear in mind that I want an amp for a long long time so I can buy a very high quality one, already used, for a cheaper price. Thanks in advance and ask me anything if it’s necessary to know in order to answer my questions. (special thanks to Rainsoothe who helped me a lot at my previous topic)

plastic penguin said:
As the OP can't dem, the safe bet would be Arcam FMJ A19 and Roksan K2 (original version). Both are easy to speaker match (PMC 'i' series second hand, Focal, Monitor Audio, Kef R100 or the newer 'Q' series...).
I wouldn’t disagree re the sound as I’ve never heard the A19, but it was discontinued I recall due to non availability of certain components. The A29 came down in price accordingly. In which case, if one failed, it might be a lost cause. Just a caution, therefore, versus the more serviceable Marantz and other alternatives.

I would look at Italian brands too as a priority.

chebby said:
nopiano said:
I wouldn’t disagree re the sound as I’ve never heard the A19, but it was discontinued I recall due to non availability of certain components.

It’s still listed as a current product on the Arcam site ...

http://www.arcam.co.uk/products,FMJ,Integrated-Amplifier,a19.htm

... have you got a link to this news?
Yes, here it is, rather buried in this announcement. The A29 came down in price. Maybe they’ve just bought parts from somewhere in the Samsung empire?!

https://www.whathifi.com/news/arcam-slashes-prices-solo-music-and-movie-systems

TRENDING THREADS