Roksan Kandy K2 amp a good match for the Sneaky DS?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I own the Sneaky DS and I am currently using just a basic headphone amp with some Grado SR60 headphones. I'm thinking about upgrading sometime soon and i fancy the idea of matching up my Sneaky with Roksan Kandy K2 amp and B&W 685 Loudspeakers? What do you guys think? Does the Sneaky deserve more expensive electronics then the above mentioned? Thank you.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I dont see why not.

The Roksan K2 and B&W 685 combo (remember to budget for decent stands (i.e. Partington Super Dreadnoughts) has always got rave reviews and IMO suit each other down to a tee. The reviews have always had the Cyrus 6CD SE CDP involved as well which is around the same prices as the Sneaky!

Are you set on standmount speakers though or would you consider floorstanders as well?

What music do you listen to and what do you think your overall budget will be?

A

Anonymous

IMO the K2 deserves better speakers - There is a lot of hype over these speakers, they certainly did not impress me.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hi, to be honest with you i do not have a budget at all at the moment, i am just doing my home work as to what matches well with my equipment. i have been advised to look at the Linn Majik-I or a Naim XS integrated amp , also used linn klout or 2250. i have recently bought a pair of Grado RS1i headphones which i am using with a pro-ject headbox 11 which i am not that impressed by, i don't know if it is the pro-ject that is the problem but there just doe's not sem to be much synergy there at all. Idealy i would like to keep the Grado's and somehow audition a Graham Slee Solo, sounds nuts i know! i listen to Rock, and Jazz.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Bert Puttocks:
IMO the K2 deserves better speakers - There is a lot of hype over these speakers, they certainly did not impress me.

Yes but that's in YOUR opinion; not everyone else's!

I agree that they will not suit some peoples tastes but for system synergy and general, overall listening it's hard to beat the B&W 685's; more so with standmount speakers, for less than £1k IMO.

Everyone's hearing is different as are their tastes so when it comes to speakers it must be a personal choice!

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:Bert Puttocks:

Yes but that's in YOUR opinion; not everyone else's!

I agree that they will not suit some peoples tastes but for system synergy and general, overall listening it's hard to beat the B&W 685's; more so with standmount speakers, for less than £1k IMO.

Everyone's hearing is different as are their tastes so when it comes to speakers it must be a personal choice!

If you read my post it says "IMO" - I only have my opinion, I don't speak on behalf of anyone else.

Of course taste is subjective and if the 685's float your boat, I very happy for both of you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts