Replacing my TV

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
RodhasGibson said:
3937edwards said:
cant someone ban this idiot called mr coolxx everytime i go on these forums its all about mr coolxx and his vendetta against panasonic i think i will go and hang myself now :wall: :wall:
Also a +1 from me,get rid asap please mods.

:) I reckon he works for Samsung. :)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
RodhasGibson said:
3937edwards said:
cant someone ban this idiot called mr coolxx everytime i go on these forums its all about mr coolxx and his vendetta against panasonic i think i will go and hang myself now :wall: :wall:
Also a +1 from me,get rid asap please mods.

This is why I'm seriously considering leaving, the recent moderation changes seem to have resulted in no moderation at all and this place has suffered as a result of it.

Still, that should please most people!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
The_Lhc said:
the recent moderation changes seem to have resulted in no moderation at all and this place has suffered as a result of it.
I disagree- do I get mail too.

So you think MrCoolxx attacking other forum members twice in the same thread and nothing being done about it is a good thing? It's an opinion I suppose...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
I am still giggling at the double irony there.

I don't sit there and openly call people idiots, much as I'd like to, I might tell them when they're wrong but that's not the same thing. Besides, that partly proves my point, in the past when I've been going over the top a mod would have stepped in and told me (or anyone else) to calm it down, that hardly happens now and the result is threads like this.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
The_Lhc said:
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
I am still giggling at the double irony there.

I don't sit there and openly call people idiots,
That's an Incontinentia Buttocks moment (to me anyway)

Are you suggesting I'm lying in any way? More to the point do you want this forum to be a place where I'm actually allowed to do that? I don't.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
I don't sit there and openly call people idiots

EDITED BY MODS - PLEASE AVOID PERSONAL ABUSE

I too seem to be mail-less. Strange men sitting in offices distributing mails is no basis for governing a forum. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses not some farcical forum ceremony.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Lee H said:
The_Lhc said:
I don't sit there and openly call people idiots

I did call him an EDITED BY MODS - PLEASE AVOID PERSONAL ABUSE in a moment of weakness

But I bet nothing came of it though, previously you'd have been slapped for it.

I too seem to be mail-less. Strange men sitting in offices distributing mails is no basis for governing a forum.

It wasn't that kind of email, he's not asking me for my opinion on anything (he knows better than that...)

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses not some farcical forum ceremony.

I like that we're allowed to discuss moderation now, there just isn't any going on to discuss.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Lee H said:
Strange men sitting in offices distributing mails is no basis for governing a forum. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses not some farcical forum ceremony.

Before I do get a slap; I was attempting to use a variation of a line from Monty Python.

Any-hoo, as Prof pointed out, feeding the troll will only perpetuate the troll. I shan't be feeding him any longer.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I don't know if you're correct in saying that Panasonic are fourth in the electronics world, but can I just point out that the most popular restaurants in the world are McDonalds and Burger King, but no-one (apart from yourself) would say they were the best.

I own a Pioneer plasma, never had an issue with screen burn, and the picture is awesome.

I've owned 3 Samsung TVs, one was a plasma, and was quite poor picture wise, the other 2 were LCDs, and suffered hugely from backlighting problems. I don't dislike Samsung, and I would certainly consider buying one in the future, but IMO, they're not in the same league as Panasonic.

You have a major problem with Panasonic because you were stupid enough to leave a paused bright image on a new tv for 4 hours, so I'm sure the OP will not be swayed by your incomprehensible rantings.

Sorry for feeding the troll guys, but he's such a ****

Mark Webb

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Well many thanks for all the useful stuff guys.
smiley-wink.gif
I went to John Lewis with every intention of buying the Panasonic TX-P50S30 at £599.95 but I have to say the sales guy put me off, and looking at it side by side to the 46GT30 it looked quite flat with not nearly so much contrast as the 46GT30. Having seen the 50GT30 with 5yr guarentee at Richer sounds for about the same price as the 46GT30 in JL I have finally purchased the 50GT30 from RS - awesome picture and thrilled with it and I havent managed to get an HD channel yet! Freeview website says that my area is good to go but the TV is not picking it up for some reason? (I dont do SKY)

Many thanks again .

SolarGlider

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's a good thing you didn't listen to the EDITED BY MODS - PLEASE AVOID PERSONAL ABUSE and his amazing insight in technology. I have the '46 version of the GT. It's an excellent tv, and has given me many enjoyable hours. Enjoy!

ps. I am still amazed about our Samsung apostle.

A

Anonymous

Guys, whatever about Mr Cool x's vendetta, would any of you like it if having a tv paused for four hours caused irreversable damage to your new plasma? Cos i wouldn't, and i don't think i'd accept it too easily (that last bit is understated).

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Glad you got a TV that makes you happy, OP, despite your thread descending into chaos!

I think the changes in moderation are a good thing, or at least they will be if people can act in a grown-up fashion. But we do seem to have more *shudder* fanboys lately (I hate that word, but I can't think of a better way to put it).

I've had two faulty Panasonic sets, wouldn't buy another one, but I can understand why people do. I much prefer the image on a good LCD to a plasma, but I can see why other people see it the other way round.

What I can't understand is why people have to try and persuade others that their way is the 'right' way. It's daft. Not all LCD's have eye-searing brightness and inaccurate colours, just as not all plasmas are dull and are afflicted by screen burn. Thought we were supposed to try and help people buy what's best for them, not what we want to push on them? Anyone who says a certain brand/technology/display type/whatever is better than another is doing the person asking the question a disservice, IMO.

ooh.. said:
Guys, whatever about Mr Cool x's vendetta, would any of you like it if having a tv paused for four hours caused irreversable damage to your new plasma? Cos i wouldn't, and i don't think i'd accept it too easily (that last bit is understated).

That's fine, but would you then go on to defame Panasonic in your every post? Just convey the issues you faced & let the OP decide what TV he wants to buy, rather than repeatedly telling "buy a Panasonic at your own peril". If Panasonic has clearly stated this in their owner's manual to not pause a TV for more than 30 mins, they're within their rights to refuse repairs (although MrCoolxx's problem was IR not screen burn, & IR will fade away with time. He just needed some patience.)

A

Anonymous

bigboss said:
ooh.. said:

That's fine, but would you then go on to defame Panasonic in your every post? Just convey the issues you faced & let the OP decide what TV he wants to buy, rather than repeatedly telling "buy a Panasonic at your own peril". If Panasonic has clearly stated this in their owner's manual to not pause a TV for more than 30 mins, they're within their rights to refuse repairs (although MrCoolxx's problem was IR not screen burn, & IR will fade away with time. He just needed some patience.)
I thought he'd said it caused screen burn.. Anyway i agree that he has of course went about things the wrong way, ignoring sound advice from yourself and others, and starting his anti Pana crusade, it hasn't done him any good..

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Right, as I was out of the office yesterday I've now been through this thread and removed some of the more personal abuse/comments which contravene House Rules:

1. Members must not post libellous, racist, aggressive or otherwise insulting or abusive remarks about any individual, company or organisation.

We have adopted a more tolerant approach to moderation in the last month as we don't want to stifle debate, and want that to continue. But that depends on everyone who posts acting sensibly. I'm now locking this thread as it's clearly run its course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts