Replacing my TV

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Lee H said:
psurquhart said:
What are the recommended burn in settings etc . to watch out for ? Is this still an issue ?

Keep the brightness and contrast fairly low for the first 100 hours or so. Mine had a "True Cinema" mode which did the job nicely. Coming from an LCD, I actually enjoyed not having it quite as bright.

Try not to clean the screen protector with industrial cleaning fluids or leave a game paused for 4 hours too. This is now known in the industry as "doing a coolxx"

:rofl:

A

Anonymous

Hey do it 10 percent Of a grand for extended warranty 1100, I hope you happy with your Purchase.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Lee H said:
psurquhart said:
What are the recommended burn in settings etc . to watch out for ? Is this still an issue ?

Keep the brightness and contrast fairly low for the first 100 hours or so. Mine had a "True Cinema" mode which did the job nicely. Coming from an LCD, I actually enjoyed not having it quite as bright.

Try not to clean the screen protector with industrial cleaning fluids or leave a game paused for 4 hours too. This is now known in the industry as "doing a coolxx"

grin.gif
I like that.
cheer.gif

zientific

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Lee H said:
psurquhart said:

:shame: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A

Anonymous

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Lee H said:
psurquhart said:

grin.gif
I like that.
cheer.gif

Screen Protector a product on the market, just goes to show you what you know lol! :rofl:

A

Anonymous

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: While we are on the subject of things not to do with a Panasonic plasma may i add also you should not plat a certain video game for 3 hours or more for too long as this can cause screen burn on a Panasonic Plasma like Oldboy did.

Also only clean screen with pure water and a micro fibre cloth as recommended by another forum member any other solution could damage your screen and render your warranty worthless according to the Panasonic manuel.

Even though i clearly saw a bottle of screen cleaner solution in Currys yesterday.

One of the most important things when deciding to buy a plasma by Panasonic is to make sure you take a entended warranty with the retailor to cover your purchase.

Failure to do this will result in you being stuck with a damaged tv that Panasonic don't even want to know about!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :dance:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Something I've learned over time when people are taking the micky, is
shhh.gif

Especially when you retorts are non-sensical
confused.gif

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
MrCoolxx said:
Even though i clearly saw a bottle of screen cleaner solution in Currys yesterday.

It says Persil on the side of the bus, it doesn't mean that's where I'd take my washing

MrCoolxx said:
according to the Panasonic manuel.

Well, if you will ring their Barcelona offices...

MrCoolxx said:
should not plat a certain video game for 3 hours or more for too long

Plat(sic)? Odd, last I heard you had PAUSED it for 4 hours, not played it

A

Anonymous

UNPUBLISHED BY MODS

Lee H said:
MrCoolxx said:

It says Persil on the side of the bus, it doesn't mean that's where I'd take my washing

MrCoolxx said:

[/qu

you really don't know what you on about you got ir after 5 minutes why did oldboy get rid of it like i have doh?

MrCoolxx said:

A

Anonymous

MrCoolxx said:
Lee H said:
MrCoolxx said:

MrCoolxx said:

[/qu

you really don't know what you on about you got ir after 5 minutes why did oldboy get rid of it like i have doh?

MrCoolxx said:

you got ir after 5 minutes on the same tv me and oldboy got rid of. It was a piece of crap, EDITED BY MODS, PLEASE AVOID PERSONAL ABUSE

A

Anonymous

Lee H said:
So, just to be clear. You deny you paused a game for 4 hours?

My mistake was

1. Buying a plasma, i was warned i should of listened!

2. Buying Panasonic

Plasmas = screen burn, screen burn...... no one recommends plasma now. Sooner this tech dies the better as it dated and supply for it is hitting low hence while Panasonic shares are down.

A

Anonymous

Paused or played doesn't matter the set developed screen burn or ir on both sets! For the record the TX-P42GT20B was a poor set released by Panasonic in 2010 followed by a poor customer service back up.

Amazon exchanged Oldboy tv not Panasonic if it was up to Panasonic he would of been stuck with it. I hope to god i don't have to copy n paste the whole thread to prove a point to you??????? :wall:

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
MrCoolxx said:
Paused or played doesn't matter the set developed screen burn or ir on both sets! For the record the TX-P42GT20B was a poor set released by Panasonic in 2010 followed by a poor customer service back up.

Amazon exchanged Oldboy tv not Panasonic if it was up to Panasonic he would of been stuck with it. I hope to god i don't have to copy n paste the whole thread to prove a point to you??????? :wall:

Would this be the thread where (as Oldboy has REPEATEDLY told you) he is now the very happy owner of another Panasonic plasma. I have one, and I'd recommend it to the OP (or anyone else)

Honestly, I don't know why you have to be such a deliberately awkward EDITED BY MODS - PLEASE AVOID PERSONAL ABUSE.

You don't rate Panasonic. Great, good for you. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But opinions are like backsides; we've all got one but ramming it in peoples faces all the time is wrong. YOU broke your own TV. You didn't read the manual (note, no "e") and you've noone else to blame. Your contract is with the retailer, not Panasonic. If you have an issue, take it up with your retailer (note, this time there is an "e")

OP - my aplogies for hijacking your thread like this. FWIW, I have a 46 inch Panny plasma and it works just fine. The picture is great, colours are natural, movies look cracking. I'm sure whichever one you choose will suit you too.

A

Anonymous

UNPUBLISHED BY MODS

Lee H said:
MrCoolxx said:

No you bad for me and your stupid views, like the primark shirt btw :rofl:

Would this be the thread where (as Oldboy has REPEATEDLY told you) he is now the very happy owner of another Panasonic plasma. I have one, and I'd recommend it to the OP (or anyone else)

Honestly, I don't know why you have to be such a deliberately awkward idiot. Is life in the Notts that bad for you? Have you finished your Robbie book and don't know what to do with yourself?

You don't rate Panasonic. Great, good for you. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But opinions are like backsides; we've all got one but ramming it in peoples faces all the time is wrong. YOU broke your own TV. You didn't read the manual (note, no "e") and you've noone else to blame. Your contract is with the retailer, not Panasonic. If you have an issue, take it up with your retailer (note, this time there is an "e")

OP - my aplogies for hijacking your thread like this. FWIW, I have a 46 inch Panny plasma and it works just fine. The picture is great, colours are natural, movies look cracking. I'm sure whichever one you choose will suit you too.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
UNPUBLISHED BY MODS

MrCoolxx said:
Lee H said:
MrCoolxx said:

No you bad for me and your stupid views, like the primark shirt btw :rofl:

Honestly, I don't know why you have to be such a deliberately awkward idiot. Is life in the Notts that bad for you? Have you finished your Robbie book and don't know what to do with yourself?

You dont even quote well, it must be your time for bed ?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Lee H said:

BenLaw said:
I just think it's a shame for the OP that this fool is trying to divert a genuine thread.
Indeed, but, much as I appreciate why it's being done and in no way blaming people that do, unfortunately, the only way to prevent this is to stop replying to the posts which are clearly attempting to divert the thread

BenLaw said:
I just think it's a shame for the OP that this fool is trying to divert a genuine thread.

Indeed, but, much as I appreciate why it's being done and in no way blaming people that do, unfortunately, the only way to prevent things like this is to stop replying to the posts which are clearly attempting to divert the thread and provoke arguments.

There's a very well known phrase allegorising ingestion and mythical, cave / sub-bridge dwelling beings and it's very apt for this thread.

A

Anonymous

BenLaw said:
professorhat said:
There's a very well known phrase allegorising ingestion and mythical, cave / sub-bridge dwelling beings and it's very apt for this thread.

:grin:

Sorry Panasonic plasma fanboy ha ha ha!

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
cant someone ban this idiot called mr coolxx everytime i go on these forums its all about mr coolxx and his vendetta against panasonic i think i will go and hang myself now :wall: :wall:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts