Replace denon dm37

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know this system is great but have recently been thinking how i never use the cd player, dab tuner, usb or anything apart from the amp (the only source is my computer - itunes and media centre - soon to be through a beresford dac). so i have been looking around and i think i can get between £200 and £250 for it as its black and in completely mint condition. So i was wondering if it would be worth buying a stereo amp for the price iw ould get for the dm37. Would the sound quality be considerably better through my monitor audio br1s and whafedale sw150 sub.

If it would be better what should i go for. Was thining of the marantz 6002 which you can get for about £250.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Can't comment on the amp but think you'll be lucky to raise that amount for the Denon. Even with recent price rises brand new silver unit can be had for £200 and black around £230.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Can't comment on the Marantz but feel you're being a bit optimistic on what you'll raise for the Denon. Even with recent price rises a brand new silver unit can be had for £200 and black for around another £30.

A

Anonymous

well a used silver one just went for £190 on ebay so im hopeful

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
The marantz and beresford should sound a lot better than a £200 all in one minisystem ,if it doesn't I am ditching my system and getting the Denon
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Yes, the marantz combo will sound much better.

I am warning you though - you may catch the upgradititis, it's disease well known to hi-fi owners
emotion-1.gif
I thought the same exact as you - swapping my Onkyo micro system for PM6002 as I didn't use the DAB, CD, etc..and look where I ended up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts