admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Spent the day at the Bristol Hi-Fi and was well impressed with quite a few products on show, in particular from Naim, Tannoy, Focal and was astounded by the quality of sound coming out of the various turntables on show.

The REL demo excited me enough to consider making a subwoofer purchase, but I have a set of old Meridian M30 active speakers. Now, some subs I've seen on the net have speaker inputs and speaker outputs which I presume is the only way I can connect the Meridians as they have no outputs? Will this work?

Finally, if this will work what subs would people recommend for a music only system £500 max and I don't mind going down the used route.

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
chn:

Spent the day at the Bristol Hi-Fi and was well impressed with quite a few products on show, in particular from Naim, Tannoy, Focal and was astounded by the quality of sound coming out of the various turntables on show.

The REL demo excited me enough to consider making a subwoofer purchase, but I have a set of old Meridian M30 active speakers. Now, some subs I've seen on the net have speaker inputs and speaker outputs which I presume is the only way I can connect the Meridians as they have no outputs? Will this work?

Finally, if this will work what subs would people recommend for a music only system £500 max and I don't mind going down the used route.

Are your speakers connected using interconnects from pre outs on an intergrated or pre amp?
Does the amp have a second set of pre outs?

I have a Rel Strata 5 for music and find it amazing. Very fast and deep. And simple to set up from your chair with its remote.

If you can find a used one or even better a storm 5 then you wont go wrong.

Id recomend a downward firing sub as opposed to a front firing sub if its just for, or mainly for music.

A

Anonymous

Hi

The speakers are only fed by a squeezebox at the moment, streaming flac files using interconnects.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll start looking now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts