Rega Rs5 vs. Monitor Audio Silver Rx6

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
by all that has been said i am starting the warm to the idea of the rega rs1's -close to a wall is ok, loads of detail and control. lack of bass well i like neil young,nils lofgren,gary moore so i dont think ill lose sleep.

ear i really think the speaker for you is the MS mezzo2's they are class but i has the feeling they may take over a touch but i think these could be your cup of tea.

igglebert you said you have a pair of rs1's which are doing nothing, you dont live anywhere close to leicester do you. Im keen to hear a pair that have ran-in my local dealers have not got any rega rs1's.

A

Anonymous

smuggs:
igglebert you said you have a pair of rs1's which are doing nothing, you dont live anywhere close to leicester do you. Im keen to hear a pair that have ran-in my local dealers have not got any rega rs1's.

...sorry bud, I didn't say that. I used to own some MA RS1s, never the Regas...

Still, you're welcome to hear my SA1s...

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
my ns-333 are in the same league has the roth oli 2 i guess. they lack a bit of bass in low levels of lisneting, but they are great speakrs.probably the rega rs1 are a bit like them.although some speakers like iq10,ms 902i put good bass at low levels and are also relatively small speakers..i just have to listen to the rs1

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
why i thought that sorry, what are views on the MA rs1's then i cant say that the rx1's made want to save £400 I found the rx1's trying to much almost in your face maybe that the dealer had the need to play the stuff way to loud and the speakers were narror but i want more controled listen with not so deep bass as i have wooden floors and they will be close to the back walls. Thanks for offer on the sa1's but they are premier league im still league 2 and i would fall in love and have to dream of them every night.

A

Anonymous

You might not like the SA1s, you never know!

My feeling on the MA RS1s was that they're a lot of speaker for the money (just look at the finish) but they didn't give the coherent sound I was after. Now, they could certainly entertain and perform well when I wanted a party sound, most enjoyable. Unfortunatly I found their bass a little boomy (and porty), plus they were a little bright. If these or the new range (that I haven't heard but are apparently very good) don't satisfy then I suggest trying the Regas.

Of course, you could hunt out a used pair of Proac Studio 110s...

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
oh god,now I see the rega supplier also has XTZ speakers..just been glancing through the range...spekaers that can have different regulations fro the treble and the bass driver...Im just afraid to go in there
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Ribbon tweeters can provide stunning results, just look at the MA PL range. The only caution based on the comments I've heard is that they can be bright. I don't want to second guess the XTZ so see what other feedback is.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
"The ribbon is claimed to produce frequencies right out to 40kHz. This is of course of great use if you have a bat that regularly listens to SACDs"...haha

Im reading the review..

steffy72004

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
May I add to the suggestions also Acoustic Energy Radiance 1? You find the reivew here on WHF, detailed and paced speakers with a huge soundstage and deep but precise bass. Just need attention with partnering electonics (it's true that they have slight tendence to harshness on the edges) and positioning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts