rega rp1 + rega brio what speakers???

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
i have just bought rega 1 turntable with the rega brio amp, can you suggest the best compact speakers to go with this system. would be willing to pay up to £300. thanks

ontheline said:
i have just bought rega 1 turntable with the rega brio amp, can you suggest the best compact speakers to go with this system. would be willing to pay up to £300. thanks

Generally an all rega system works a treat. There's a pair here.

Otherwise, look for Neat Motive 3, or an old pair of original PMC DB1s, although your budget is limited. Perhaps some old Mission speakers; look also at Dali Zenor, Wharfedale Diamond 9.1. Really depends on how you define compact.

plastic penguin said:
ontheline said:

Otherwise, look for Neat Motive 3, or an old pair of original PMC DB1s, although your budget is limited. Perhaps some old Mission speakers; look also at Dali Zenor, Wharfedale Diamond 9.1. Really depends on how you define compact.

Good suggestions but I would ask the OP why compact speakers (presumably standmounts)? Is this down to room size?

Always be aware that to get the best out of bookshelf type speakers they need to be on decent stands and you would have to factor those into budget if you don't already own them. This normally makes floorstanders a better deal, if you can accommodate them ( they don't necessarily take up more floorspace than a pair of bookshelf speakers on stands).

Al ears said:
plastic penguin said:
ontheline said:

Good suggestions but I would ask the OP why compact speakers (presumably standmounts)? Is this down to room size?

Always be aware that to get the best out of bookshelf type speakers they need to be on decent stands and you would have to factor those into budget if you don't already own them. This normally makes floorstanders a better deal, if you can accommodate them ( they don't necessarily take up more floorspace than a pair of bookshelf speakers on stands).

Any speaker around that budget will be a compromise. In the light of lack of information, it gets the ball rolling.

plastic penguin said:
Al ears said:
plastic penguin said:
ontheline said:

Any speaker around that budget will be a compromise. In the light of lack of information, it gets the ball rolling.

Quite agree, it's just I would rather have £300 worth of speaker rather than £200 worth of speaker and £100 worth of speaker stands. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts