lou_untitled

Oct 11, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if it's possible to plug a subwoofer to the Rega IO since there's no LFE or SUB output.
And if yes which one do you recommend and how do you do it ?
I 've heard many things using Y connector and so on but this is confusing to me, I'm still pretty new to this.
My current setup is a turntable plugged in the phono input of the Rega IO, my cassette deck plugged into an equalizer (for aesthetic) then to a line input and a rca to micro jack on my last line input (for my phone).

I was thinking buying a ELAC SUB3010 but I don't know if I can even use it aha...

Thank you very much !
-Lou

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just on a cursory glance, you'd need to find a subwoofer that has speaker level/high level input connections. This would mean doubling up on speaker cables, and connecting the subwoofer to the Rega's speaker output terminals (so you would generally have two cables attached to each output, with one going to a speaker, and one going to the subwoofer). These kind of connections on a subwoofer have crazy high impedance, to the point the subwoofer is almost invisible to the amp, so speaker performance doesn't diminish.

The ELAC does not have this function.

lou_untitled

Oct 11, 2021
Visit site
Just on a cursory glance, you'd need to find a subwoofer that has speaker level/high level input connections. This would mean doubling up on speaker cables, and connecting the subwoofer to the Rega's speaker output terminals (so you would generally have two cables attached to each output, with one going to a speaker, and one going to the subwoofer). These kind of connections on a subwoofer have crazy high impedance, to the point the subwoofer is almost invisible to the amp, so speaker performance doesn't diminish.

The ELAC does not have this function.
Hello,
this is exactly what I'm looking for !
Thank you for the explanation, I know where to look now,
Cheers !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts