REGA EAR+Headphones (???)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Recently purchased the Rega EAR. Not because of it's extreme sound quality but because of the price on it. Moreover, the assortment of such devices is very poor in my city. In fact I had to choose of the Creek OBH21 the Rega EAR and the Project Headbox. However I'm quite satisfied with the sound quility. Anyway it is really much better than it's of my NAD521 if to use it through my old GRADO225. I most prefer classical. Would you be so kind to suggest me a pair of headphones to substitute my Grado's. My budget is about 200USD. How do you like AKG 601?

idc

Three headphone amps to audition, thats good! I cannot find any with out having them ordered.

I have the K701s and there is no doubt they are suited to classical and my choice of music prog rock/post rock/jazz fusion and all its genres. The detail, clarity and soundstage is excellent. I have not heard the K601s, but drop to the bottom of the range and I have the K44s. They particularly shine with jazz/fusion music and have a deeper bass empahsis. So, from that point I do not think you would be taking any risk getting the K601s.

In comparison to the Grado SR80s I find my AKGs have less attack and dynamic and better space and detail.

TRENDING THREADS