Rega Brio R

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't resist... After buying a Rega DAC this summer today I bought myself a Brio R. My dealer didn't had it on stock, so I have to wait for a while :)

Starts to become an addiction. When I was in the store my dealer had the DAC and the Brio R hooked up to a pair of Rega RS5's. Again amazed.... I'm really becoming a big fan of this brand. Is there a risk of becoming a flat earther? :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
spockfish said:
Is there a risk of becoming a flat earther? :)

No. A true 'flat-earther' wouldn't even have a CD player let alone a DAC.

The original so called 'flat-earth' brands have (mostly) shaken all that nonsense off now. Rega were never members of that 'club' anyway. They always prided themselves on being engineers who loved music and sought engineering solutions to any problems encountered.

They were never found spouting off as audio 'gurus' in magazines, nor did they even advertise (or attend shows) for 35 years. The owner/founder preferred playing his guitars and breeding budgies to constructing and disseminating grandiose 'philosophies' :)

spockfish said:
Couldn't resist... After buying a Rega DAC this summer today I bought myself a Brio R. My dealer didn't had it on stock, so I have to wait for a while :)

Starts to become an addiction. When I was in the store my dealer had the DAC and the Brio R hooked up to a pair of Rega RS5's. Again amazed.... I'm really becoming a big fan of this brand. Is there a risk of becoming a flat earther? :)

Hi spockfish

Nice one 8) and i hope yiou enjoy the performance of your Rega DAC and Brio R for many years to come :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

chebby said:
spockfish said:
Is there a risk of becoming a flat earther? :)

No. A true 'flat-earther' wouldn't even have a CD player let alone a DAC.

The original so called 'flat-earth' brands have (mostly) shaken all that nonsense off now. Rega were never members of that 'club' anyway. They always prided themselves on being engineers who loved music and sought engineering solutions to any problems encountered.

They were never found spouting off as audio 'gurus' in magazines, nor did they even advertise (or attend shows) for 35 years. The owner/founder preferred playing his guitars and breeding budgies to constructing and disseminating grandiose 'philosophies' :)

"A true 'flat-earther' wouldn't even have a CD player let alone a DAC."

Phew! That's me off the hook...just...
smiley-smile.gif

Zax89swe

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if sound signature changes slightly after years of usage but in my little experiance a warm amp sounding better then if it where cold.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations!

Eagerly waiting for a call from my dealer that my Brio R has arrived. Nice to read that you're a 'rega-newbie' also. I guess that this brand is doing something right these days :)

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Got a phone call from my hifi dealer: the Brio R is such a hit that al Brio's for the benelux are sold out. I have to wait for a new batch to arrive from Rega. Estimation: 4 weeks or more.

Seems like Rega has a winner :)

VinylRush

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Cheers Rick.

I'm glad I upped my budget to get the Rega stuff. Its a keeper of a system.

To everyone that is waiting it is well worth it. Mine took a couple of weeks, so hang in there.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

I got the DAC and Amp about a week ago and all I can say is :D very happy. Big difference in my opinion than my old marantz 6010

gavinsim said:
I got the DAC and Amp about a week ago and all I can say is :D very happy. Big difference in my opinion than my old marantz 6010

Hi gavinsim

Nice one 8) and i hope you also enjoy the performance of your new Rega components for many years to come :)

Btw, what speakers are you using?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi rick
I am using the rega with b&w 685s I auditioned them with monitor audio silver bx2 I think which were very good also
Might upgrade speakers to floor standing ones in the future

Ps sorry for kind of high jacing the thread

A

Anonymous

i've had now a week of blissful listening to my new system - and it's head and shoulders above my old system

...which is a massive relief because my one main worry about spending a wedge moving away from an entry level system was not hearing much difference - however, they are almost uncomparable.

i'm not that experienced listening to other hifi systems but i would def recommend the brio

gavinsim said:
Hi rick I am using the rega with b&w 685s I auditioned them with monitor audio silver bx2 I think which were very good also Might upgrade speakers to floor standing ones in the future Ps sorry for kind of high jacing the thread

Hi gavinsim

Thanks for your reply.

If and when you do decide to upgrade your speakers to a pair of floorstanders then have a look at Monitor Audio's superb Silver RX6's as these work a treat with the Rega DAC and Brio R :rockout:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

I'm enjoying reading the positive feedback, I hope you are enjoying the Brio-R.

I will be trialing the Brio-r and DAC in a few weeks. I have an all Rega system since I purchased my RS1's last week and it sounds excellent. I'm looking forward to comparing my Mira to the Brio-R, not quite sure I could afford to buy both at the same time so I need to make sure that the first component I buy is going to give me the best results so I will be trying a few different combinations out.

Paul

pdwhelan said:
I'm enjoying reading the positive feedback, I hope you are enjoying the Brio-R.

I will be trialing the Brio-r and DAC in a few weeks. I have an all Rega system since I purchased my RS1's last week and it sounds excellent. I'm looking forward to comparing my Mira to the Brio-R, not quite sure I could afford to buy both at the same time so I need to make sure that the first component I buy is going to give me the best results so I will be trying a few different combinations out.

Paul

Hi Paul

Nice one 8) Somehow i think you'll be impressed with the pocket rocket that is the Brio R :grin: Anyway i look forward to your views :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

dynamo127 said:
i've had now a week of blissful listening to my new system - and it's head and shoulders above my old system

...which is a massive relief because my one main worry about spending a wedge moving away from an entry level system was not hearing much difference - however, they are almost uncomparable.

i'm not that experienced listening to other hifi systems but i would def recommend the brio

Great system, and so glad it is enjoyable. This is what it is all about!

TRENDING THREADS