Record Player for £15 or less

loosetooth

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Morning....

right... I currently have a complicated living arrangements. My housing association flat is quite victorian in its living conditions and the housing association thinks that that is fine. However they have had to move me out whilst the lawyers argue.... it was supposed to be for 5 weeks... we are not in the 5th month.

All my possessions were put into storage and it is some strange storage company that puts possessions into wooden crates and charges a person if they want to open a crate to get at stuff. So my Thorens TD160 w/SME tonearm is in one of 4 crates (dunno which) and it would cost me £40 to open each box (and knowing my luck I would not find the record player till the last box).

So.... I am getting disheartened and depressed and so I have set myself a challenge.... record player for £15 or less. I want to buy some vinyl, take the blues away.

Now... all the "good" turntables are not going to be available to me - I know, I know, we are all snobs, it is why we are here... but quality comes at a price. So what we are looking at here is not audiophile... more... it will do. In the flat the housing association rent for me there is a Cambridge Audio A5 (I think)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I bought my Sony front loader (DD) for a tenner. Even had a brand new stylus.

Was in need of some TLC but after a service and re-spray she looks as new. Lovely sounding too.

Folks usually go for the usual suspects ie. the big names but there are certainly bargains here and there.

Good luck and hope you get you Thorens back soon. I even offer to buy it off you if the price ... :)

regards

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t294pesxb3sxb6d/CAM00247.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k8wcml8tmy6c61w/CAM00231.jpg

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Can't quite hit the £15, at least for something known not to be a dog or with unknown history, but this is pretty close, being belt-driven, with new stylus and so on. Looks in decent nick, too.

Aiwa-PXE860.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts