Record player making weird noise after a few minutes of play

Wishon

Aug 16, 2023
Visit site
Hello,
I'm completely new to record player and i bought this record player for like 5 bucks from an old lady. I found online that the record player should be Hyundai RT910 retro. The problem i have is that after like 3 minutes of play it starts making weird sound and it doesn't matter if it's playing a vinyl or on AM or FM. I recorded it and put it on youtube here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/k1hoVp8gixQ

Any help is welcome :)

Din5

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
Does the volume control have any effect on the noise, louder/softer ? Sounds like it's motorboating, or a capacitor or IC is failing . I don't think it's an earth issue.

Reactions: Al ears

Gray

i bought this record player for like 5 bucks from an old lady.
Was she on the way to the dump with it? 😆

Sorry, it's not funny.
To protect the speakers from harm, it's best not to use it until and unless it gets some attention.
The amplifier has an instability issue.
You haven't got much to lose by disconnecting from the mains, opening it up and seeing if anything looks obviously wrong.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Wishon

Aug 16, 2023
Visit site
Have you check the earthing that it is properly grounded?
well from what i found out it doesn't need to be grounded.... it should have a preamp built in (??? i really don't understand audio devices so idk if that even makes sense xd). But i found out it had something to do with the speakers so i rewired them and it feels like they are overheating :/

Wishon

Aug 16, 2023
Visit site

Sorry, it's not funny.
To protect the speakers from harm, it's best not to use it until and unless it gets some attention.
You haven't got much to lose by disconnecting from the mains, opening it up and seeing if anything looks obviously wrong.
well there isn't anything obviously wrong :/ but as i said above, i rewired the speakers and it seems to work, but they get really really hot

also idc about the money or the quality, I just want to listen to some of my parent's old vinyls and have fun making the record player work again. If i wanted to listen to music i'd be just fine with my headphones and spotify

Sorry, it's not funny.
View: https://youtu.be/5kbo8pUDcHQ

Reactions: Gray

Gray

it had something to do with the speakers so i rewired them and it feels like they are overheating :/
The speakers will not be causing the problem but they will suffer permanent damage as a result of the problem before too long - that's why I said to disconnect them......until somebody investigates the fault with the amplifier.

Also worth checking, preferably replacing, the stylus - to avoid any risk of harm to your parents' vinyl.

Presumably the fault is there on headphones too is it?

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
You may wish to contact Hyundai but for £5 bucks, is it worth it?
My hobbyist instincts tells me to rebuild it, gut it out, use a PC mainboard with internal sound card. Make sure you have sufficient air vents for the components to breathe, otherwise potentially, it could become a hazard.
Perhaps the turntable can be adapted to accept USB (5V DC power), which can be connected to the PC mainboard. Sound Output from PC will have analogue but you may need a separate phono preamp to interface it with the PC.
It's something I would do because I'm nuts but I wouldn't recommend it if you're a novice.

1692276363553.png

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts