Recommendations on a new receiver

I really don't know much about receivers and thought you guys might be able to help me out. My dad's old reciever seems to be not working anymore and I'm looking to upgrade for him. He's got a 5.1 surround sound system (Definitive Tech 600) and we mainly use the speakers for cable watching with the ocassional movie and music listening session. I'd like something in the $200 to $400 range if possible with bluetooth and wifi. Something fairly basic I suppose. I've seen what seems like a few decent ones on amazon but if you guys have any specific recommendations based on my extremely basic qualifications, please share. Much appreciated.

pantechnicon

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I've no particular experience of them, but you probably won't go far wrong with one of the more basic Yamaha models, they tend to be quite well regarded.

Nathan

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
If AV is all you're going to use it for, the Denon AVR-X2200W is a bargain now. Since the 2300 came out you can pick up the 2200 (which has wifi and bluetooth and is an excellent AV amp for the money) for around $300.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts