Pioneer VSX-09TX Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I got a screamin' deal on a home theater setup yesterday, which is great because I'm a college kid on a college budget.

2 Definitive Tech. BP 2002 towers, 2 Definitive Tech BP2X Surround speakers, 1 Definitive Tech C/L/R Center Channel, Pioneer VSX-09TX, and a few other components for $150. I set it all up last night and everything sounds great. I'm extremely pleased with how well everything performs, but I'm not sure what to do about the receiver. I need HDMI inputs/outputs, but I don't have the money to get something of equal quality but modern tech right now. I have an old Insignia NS-AV511 receiver from when I first got into the hobby that I can use for HDMI, but I'd rather not be running two receivers.

I went in to a local AV shop to have a Panamax Max 1500 Surge Protector/Line Conditioner repaired, and got talking to the guy who offered me some possible trade in for an Onkyo receiver he says he's got on sale for around $500. I'm only going to be running an Xbox One through the HDMI, will it be worth it to upgrade to something with HDMI, Bluetooth, and all that fun stuff and trade in the old Pioneer, or should I just make do with the setup I have now?

D

Deleted member 116933

Just Bang out the parties with it and run it into the ground while your at Uni/Colleage (you dont want anything to specail while studying) and when you come out buy a better system when funds allow.

Just link the xbox to the tv and feed the amp a digital input of some sort. But its your call!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts