Recommendations for mains cables

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to solve the mess of cables I've got. So far I've been using the stock mains cables that came with my gear, which seem to be all around 2m long, and I reckon that things would be better with shorter cables. 1m would improve matters, and around 80cm would be even better.

So I am looking for sturdy, well-made and durable cables and, since I am going to spend money on this, something that hopefully looks easier on the eye than the average stock cable.

So far some contenders are Supra LoRad, Pro-Ject Connect-it Power Cable, and Goldkabel. Maybe Clearer Audio Copper-line Alpha—but not so sure of this one. Any experience with these cables? Or recommendations for any other?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a variety of Clearer Audio cables and would recommend Copper Line / Alpha + / Alpha.

I have found it better to put a more expensive cable on the Amp. Give Darren a call and see what he says (I have found him fair and reasonable, without any hard sell).....you can always return them within 60 days if not happy.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Why not get down to your local electrical shop, buy some nice MK 13 amp plugs and fit them to your existing leads, cut to the correct length?

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I have a variety of Clearer Audio cables and would recommend Copper Line / Alpha + / Alpha.

I have found it better to put a more expensive cable on the Amp. Give Darren a call and see what he says (I have found him fair and reasonable, without any hard sell).....you can always return them within 60 days if not happy.

Thanks for the feedback. The only Clearer Audio cable that I have found with Schuko plugs is the Copper-line Alpha. Would you recommend this one for an amp?

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
drummerman said:
Type; 'Audio Friendly SILVER Mains Power Cable' in ebay.

Those are the ones I use throughout.

Good and not to expensive

Thanks, I had already taken a look at these cables when you recommended them here before. It seems they are only made with UK and US plus, not Schuko. Otherwise, this is the sort of thing I am looking for.

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
A lot of high end cables are rebranded Neotech. Why not buy directly from Neotech? *unknw*

I didn't know this. I can't seem to find a place from which to buy them in Germany. They are also not on eBay. Is there an online site that you know of that sales these, to check prices?

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
Why not get down to your local electrical shop, buy some nice MK 13 amp plugs and fit them to your existing leads, cut to the correct length?

I am positive that pretty much any cable would look better than a stock cable cut and re-plugged by me. :)

Although more seriously, if (when) I decide to sell some of what I have for the next upgrade, I think it will be better to have all the original accessories as they are.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
davedotco said:

Yep. Too much b/s going on here, imo.

You skeptics need to get a life and stop preying on innocent audiophiles. *biggrin*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
unsleepable said:
I didn't know this. I can't seem to find a place from which to buy them in Germany. They are also not on eBay. Is there an online site that you know of that sales these, to check prices?

You can try ebay but there are lot of clones out there.

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
unsleepable said:

You can try ebay but there are lot of clones out there.

I sent them a message. Let's see if they respond.

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Just search 'neotech' on ebay and you get plenty of results, including shuko plugs, IEC plugs and the cable.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/neotech

If you like something, ask the manufacturer if the ebay seller is their own dealer or fake.

Yes, you are right. There are more results in ebay.com. In ebay.de there are only eight results, even if I make a world-wide search. Still, these results in ebay.com are just mostly parts, rather than finished cables.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Why do they have to look bling? What's wrong with regular cables and plugs?

If it's really just having a shorter length that's most important check out these 1 meter ones: Clicky and these: Clicky

They're much cheaper than the audiophool ones and will sound just the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts