Rear Surround Left & Right play same audio

shankly1985

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello I own Pioneer VSX329 and Tannoy SFX 5.1 speakers. I noticed the other day when testing some audio on PC if I click on say left rear speaker that sound will play out from it but it will also play from right rear speaker, it also happens the other way around click right speaker left will also play.
I thought maybe its a issue with how my PC is setup I have optical cable DTS connect/Dolby Live sound card and 5.1 selected. Turns out its nothing to do with PC, on ACR I can enter tools options and can play a test tone from all speakers L, C, R ,SW all play as you would expect then onto the rear RL plays and also RR plays at same time, test RR and again RL will also play.

A guy from Richer Sounds said maybe I have wired wring for them speakers I have checked and it is defo correct.
I have even set the AVR to default settings no luck.
Am completly lost here faulty unit? or something I just simply missing?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
shankly1985 said:
Hello I own Pioneer VSX329 and Tannoy SFX 5.1 speakers. I noticed the other day when testing some audio on PC if I click on say left rear speaker that sound will play out from it but it will also play from right rear speaker, it also happens the other way around click right speaker left will also play.I thought maybe its a issue with how my PC is setup I have optical cable DTS connect/Dolby Live sound card and 5.1 selected. Turns out its nothing to do with PC, on ACR I can enter tools options and can play a test tone from all speakers L, C, R ,SW all play as you would expect then onto the rear RL plays and also RR plays at same time, test RR and again RL will also play.

A guy from Richer Sounds said maybe I have wired wring for them speakers I have checked and it is defo correct.I have even set the AVR to default settings no luck.Am completly lost here faulty unit? or something I just simply missing?

Don't know about your receiver, but my Onkyo TX-NR717 has the option to play mono out of the rear speakers. if you've got this "switched on" it may be the cause, i.e whatever signal is fed into the receiver on which ever channel gets routed to both inside the receiver.

shankly1985

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Tuck the unit back and they tested it for me was indeed faulty.
Very nice guys, unit needed to go for repairs I offered to upgrade and pay the extra but instead because they had none in stock for this anymore I tuck the display unit it looked very new they tested this also for me and worked fine.

All in all excellent service from richer Sounds.

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem with an onkyo receiver where the rear left and right channels would become switched but only when playing certain games (but occurred consistently). Again Richer Sounds were a bit baffled but didn't hesitate to replace the unit like for like. Can't help but think it would have been a lot more difficult to prove there was a fault at other retailers! Turns out it was a relatively common fault and Onkyo requested customers to ship their receivers to Germany, glad I didn't have to go to all that effort!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts