Connecting new TV & Soundbar to Home Theatre

Argo

Nov 21, 2022
Visit site
I have just purchased a Samsung QE55S95 and a Q800 Soundbar. (5.2.1 initially)
I appreciate that the Soundbar will connect to the TV using HDMI and take up to HDMI3 (ARC) socket.

My current set-up (also a Samsung TV) is hooked up to a Yamaha AV Receiver, and a 6.1 speaker set-up, which includes a very good quality active sub-bass. (400W SVS 17Hz)
I currently use M&K speakers for F-C-R and for RL-RC-RR

The attached pic shows how the current set-up was hooked up (speaker connect left off) anybody have any suggestion of an optimum way to hook-up.

Plan B would be to finally stop using the Yamaha receiver, & M&K speakers, and plug peripherals direct into TV, but would then need a way to get sub-bass signal to the SVS, it's too good not to use.

Blank diagram.jpg

Argo

Nov 21, 2022
Visit site
The TV came with a Soundbar, it has Dolby Atmos & DTS.

When I changed my TV last time I had to change the Yamaha amp as it was component video, and no HDMI
Maybe I just keep Yamaha amp for playing music & radio (both pretty rare nowadays)

You have 2 options basically:

1) Ditch the home cinema system and the subwoofer and go with the soundbar. You'll get Atmos and DTS but performance, although decent, will be inferior to the system you're used to. Your system will become hugely simplified.

2) Sell the soundbar and invest in a new AVR. Depending on your room layout, you can upgrade to Atmos by adding extra speakers if needed and when funds allow. You'll get DTS with the new AVR. It'll be an extra outlay but vastly superior performance. M&K speakers and SVS subwoofers are amongst the best in the business currently.

Last edited:
Reactions: doifeellucky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts