RE: Chord Chorus2 Vs. Tellurium Ultra Black

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is day and night I had no name RCA cable and changed it to Chrod Crimson plus the difference was huge . than changed to Chord Chorus2

same again : big difference ! I considerd to buy the chaper one Chord Chameleon plus( it was not good as the Chord Chorus2) because I coudn't afford the Chorus but put a hand on a used one and bought it immedietly . I checked espceially Chord and Tellurium cables the more it cost the better it is !

If your ears can't hear it I will not be able to convince you anyway .I have also friends that arrived to the same conclusion with a simple demo test .

kmlav

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Personally I think getting the cables right is a key part of getting the system right and they make a huge impact on the sound. There are good ones and there are bad ones and there are ones that work better in different set ups. For the most part you friendly local Hi Fi shop will be able to lend you demo ones so you can chop and change to get it right.

If you dont believe in them dont bother and stick with your bent coat hangers or whatever you want to use.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I am getting tired here it's like trying to describe colors to a blind person |(

I will demo the Tellurium Ultra Black and keep you update :dance:

Cheers

T

the record spot

ISAC69 said:
Yes it is day and night I had no name RCA cable and changed it to Chrod Crimson plus the difference was huge . than changed to Chord Chorus2

same again : big difference ! I considerd to buy the chaper one Chord Chameleon plus( it was not good as the Chord Chorus2) because I coudn't afford the Chorus but put a hand on a used one and bought it immedietly . I checked espceially Chord and Tellurium cables the more it cost the better it is !

If your ears can't hear it I will not be able to convince you anyway .I have also friends that arrived to the same conclusion with a simple demo test .

Semantics mate. Semantics. The evidence is there; what you see, what you want to hear and how you describe that experience all come into it. There's always a passing friend who can drop by and be amazed, not least after they'll have been told by you or whoever is doing the demo to "listen to this, it sounds incredible". When would they not buy into it. Would I? I'd probably be very noncomittal and tell whoever's just spent over £100 on a cable that I'm glad it's made them happy and they're enjoying it.

I was the same as you, bought into it. then I sat down with some great music, a very critical ear (and the other one for good measure) and played parts of tracks I know back to front - the bass coming in on the opening of Starship Trooper, the 12-strings on Entangled, the layering of Julie Feeney's vocals in her Pages mix with cables by QED, Computergear, Monster, Atlas, Firestone Audio's bundled freebies, Audioquest's Copperhead....loads. All copper cables, between £8 - £225.

But what is has zilch to do with is air, space, soundstage, or any of that cliched tripe that's trotted out. And it's got **** all to do with "not having good enough hearing". The last bastion for anyone who finds the straws slipping out their grasp as their argument dwindles.

I'm delighted you get enjoyment out your hobby, and if a wire makes you think your system sounds better, well, that's fine too. I'd have shifted my speakers first personally, but that's just me.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
This thread reminds me of a young Patsy Kensit.

Eighth+Wonder+Patsy+Kensit+canta+in+blu.jpg

T

the record spot

I have no doubt that the air will be magnificent, the blacks, well, none more black (thx Spinal Tap) and the soundstage massive.

You don't need to describe colours to me Isac; I'd suggest my vision is fine. It's your belief that is the problem.

As well as the Tellurium Pricey Cable let us know how you get on with the Randi Challenge too. $1m ain't to be sniffed at.

Check out Roger Russell's page too. Ex-McIntosh engineer, here: http://www.roger-russell.com/ - he isn't offering any money, but the advice is good.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Belive me after you hear for example the Tellurium Q Ultra black speaker cabels (very expensive !!!!! ) with spekers such as the B&W 802D you will not be able to look back .unfortunately I can't aford it ...

I have no argument with you that cables can / may make a difference ,be it good or bad. But to make a crass statement that good hifi systems / music sources need better cables was just plain daft imo.

Are you sticking with Roksan ?. If not be prepared for your wallet emptying wheel to keep on turning. Pretty obvious our tastes are different too because hand on heart I think those 802Ds are ruddy awful.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
floyd droid said:
ISAC69 said:
Belive me after you hear for example the Tellurium Q Ultra black speaker cabels (very expensive !!!!! ) with spekers such as the B&W 802D you will not be able to look back .unfortunately I can't aford it ...

I have no argument with you that cables can / may make a difference ,be it good or bad. But to make a crass statement that good hifi systems / music sources need better cables was just plain daft imo.

Are you sticking with Roksan ?. If not be prepared for your wallet emptying wheel to keep on turning. Pretty obvious our tastes are different too because hand on heart I think those 802Ds are ruddy awful.

I am probably upgrading my Roksan to Rotel RB-1582 power / RC-1580 pre . Didn't make a final decision yet .Heard also the Tellurium Q Ultra black speaker cabels witn Dali Epicon 8 liked it more than the 802D AMAZING SOUND !!!!!!!!

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
BigH said:
ISAC69 said:
Hi

I am getting tired here it's like trying to describe colors to a blind person |(

Cheers

Hope you don't need many metres?

I am checking the RCA cabel not the speakers cable . 1M that's it .

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
BigH said:
ISAC69 said:
BigH said:
ISAC69 said:
Hi

Cheers

I see, so what speaker cables are you using?

apparently not very fancy, not worth to mention in his signature

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
BigH said:
ISAC69 said:
BigH said:
ISAC69 said:
Hi

Cheers

I see, so what speaker cables are you using?

Tellurium Q black . Can't afford the Green one ... maybe in the future .

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
It s a (publicity) picture of her playing with her band 8th Wonder, who were quite awful. We saw them a lot at the time.

In the mid 80s Patsy got her first film role in Absolute Beginners with, among others, David Bowie.

Melody Maker, who had a 'thing' about her at the time (anyone remember 'The Patsy Kensit Corner') gave the film a pretty scathing review but concluded with the line.......

"Patsy Kensit was, of course, quite wonderful, if she could act, she would have been even better".

I have pretty much the same view when it comes to expensive cables.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
davedotco said:
In the mid 80s Patsy got her first film role in Absolute Beginners with, among others, David Bowie.

Not quite: For the Love of Ada (1972), aged 4, with Irene Handl and Wilfred Pickles, and then in the The Great Gatsby (1974), not to be confused with the recent StrictlyMoulin+Juliet (with added green fairy) version

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
davedotco said:

Not quite: For the Love of Ada (1972), aged 4, with Irene Handl and Wilfred Pickles, and then in the The Great Gatsby (1974), not to be confused with the recent StrictlyMoulin+Juliet (with added green fairy) version

First adult role perhaps?

For a hedgehog you show a seriously unhealthy fascination in child actresses, at least when I knew her she was grown up and, just, legal.

ISAC69 said:
Hi

I just upgraded my analogue audio intercconect from the Chord Chrimson plus to the Chord Chorus2 to find out a huge improvement on

the sound : it is more clear , lively sound stage and superbly detailed it took my system to a completly different level stage forward .

This might be 'poke in the eye' obv, but can't you borrow a set of TQs from a local dealer? I know my Rega/Naim dealer offered me the chance to home test a set....

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
ISAC69 said:
Hi

I just upgraded my analogue audio intercconect from the Chord Chrimson plus to the Chord Chorus2 to find out a huge improvement on

the sound : it is more clear , lively sound stage and superbly detailed it took my system to a completly different level stage forward .

This might be 'poke in the eye' obv, but can't you borrow a set of TQs from a local dealer? I know my Rega/Naim dealer offered me the chance to home test a set....

Hi

Yes I will borrow from my dealer the TQ Ultra black and will check it , The Chord Chorus2 is graet cable I am not sure that the TQ is better .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts