RE: Chord Chorus2 Vs. Tellurium Ultra Black

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I just upgraded my analogue audio intercconect from the Chord Chrimson plus to the Chord Chorus2 to find out a huge improvement on

the sound : it is more clear , lively sound stage and superbly detailed it took my system to a completly different level stage forward .

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Welcome to the darkside......just wait till you hear what a good mains cable can do! :twisted:

Seriously, mains cable can make a big difference, I know interconnects do, like wise speaker cable but the mains cable thing is the magic truly that powerful?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Seriously, mains cable can make a big difference, I know interconnects do, like wise speaker cable but the mains cable thing is the magic truly that powerful?

Don't take my word for it, but try something good (ie.that has plenty of magic already built-in)! :grin:

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
This cabel is really a magic the sound is so lively and real !

My next step is to upgrade my speakers and the speakers cabels to Tellurium Black which I demoed them as well and the combination with the Chord Chorus2 was stunning .

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I am very statisfied with the Chord Chorus 2 but after 6 month of using it I have a suspicion that since it is based on silver material it tends to be

a little too bright for my system and I am considering to change it for the Tellurium Ultra Black RCA cabel . I already have the Tellurium Black speaker

cabels and I think it wil be a better match than the Chord Chorus 2 . What do you think ?

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Try both TQ Black and Green (a little smoother).

Vertere and Atlas are also worth trying.

Hi CnoEvil ,

You are talking about speaker cabels and I meant to change my interconnects RCA cabel .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Hi CnoEvil ,

You are talking about speaker cabels and I meant to change my interconnects RCA cabel .

Apologies, there isn't a TQ Green i/c.

IMO. The TQ Ultra Black is better than the Chord. Can you try some?

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes I can take from my dealer the TQ cabel for the weekend to try it in my house , You are saying that it is a better cabel - can you be more specific ?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I would rather not influence your decision.

If you don't clearly hear the difference, then it's not worth changing.

Nb. Also try TQ Black, as it may give you what you need.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.

Just goes to show people should not believe the hype / everything you read as everyones hearing / system is different, and to try and audition as much as you can before actually parting with cash.

PS: I don't think it was purely the fault of the WHFSAV review.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
as a victim of what hi fi cable reviews I bought wireworld usb for £130 and found no difference in sound at all compared to my free printer cable..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/486598/testing-audiophile-claims-and-myths

www.theaudiocritic.com/downloads/article_1.pdf

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
wireworld put an arrow on their RCA cable indicating the signal direction, how you should connect the cable so the signal flows from a to b in a magical, unique way? did they use special in-connectors, then the cable able to send signal one way and magic out-connectors? what hi fi wont help an innocent ( I meant experienced) by prising cables..

"I bought £200 0,5 meter cable" - Oh dear, sorry to hear that.

buy whatever you want people.. they sell bottled water for hundreds while tap water is free and probably better...

anyway, I dont care that much on the subject.. just wanted to say I dont hear ( and my friends and family) any difference in mentioned cables:)

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I changed my RCA from CHORD CRIMSON PLUS to CHORUS2 the difference was huge the sound is clearer , more analytical and detailed .

changed also my speaker cabels form Chord Carnival Silver to Tellurium Q Black it is almost I changed my whole system the bass is more

strong and tight , much better sound stage and details .

My conclusion is that the cabels are very important in the system chain .

abacus

ISAC69 said:
I changed my RCA from CHORD CRIMSON PLUS to CHORUS2 the difference was huge the sound is clearer , more analytical and detailed .

changed also my speaker cabels form Chord Carnival Silver to Tellurium Q Black it is almost I changed my whole system the bass is more

Actually you did not hear any difference between the old and new cables at all, (Neither did anybody else) however your brain is telling you it sounds better as you were expecting it to sound better and to justify the extortionate cost. (If you had tested using a proper double blind test you would have saved yourself a shed load of money)

Bill

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
abacus said:
ISAC69 said:

Actually you did not hear any difference between the old and new cables at all, (Neither did anybody else) however your brain is telling you it sounds better as you were expecting it to sound better and to justify the extortionate cost. (If you had tested using a proper double blind test you would have saved yourself a shed load of money)

Bill

+ 1

... at least I've got 'peace of mind'... I have £250 worth of wireworld cables :rofl: not cheap throw aways.

... or maybe my cheap set up cannot show true wireworld potential?

I can definitely hear our new fridge freezer is louder than old one and we paid twice as much for the new one and bought fancy brand. :cheer:

dsuciato

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
That was no surprise as the Chorus is 4-grade higher than the Crimson. I had Chorus Reference earlier combined w/ the Odyssey 4 bi-wire, had to sell it due to some noise issues with my current system.

TRENDING THREADS