RE: Chord Chorus2 Vs. Tellurium Ultra Black

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
You don't need magical ears to notice difference between good cables to cheap ones . I admit that on digital and USB cabels

the difference is minor but on analog and speaker cabels the difference is obvious .

so you're not going to take up the Randi offer and prove your ears are that magical then?

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi cheeseboy , I had a freind who has an expensive Hi Fi system but had the basic cabels of Van Der Hul he belivd that all the cables issue is

a voodoo and refused to invest money on them . I convinced him to demo the more expensive cabels of VDH with his system and he had to admit

that the improvement was huge . good cables are not design to alter the sound but to fulfill the best potential of your systme . If your Hi Fi system

or music sources are bad even the most expensive cabels will not improve anything .

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Hi cheeseboy , I had a freind who has an expensive Hi Fi system but had the basic cabels of Van Der Hul he belivd that all the cables issue is

a voodoo and refused to invest money on them . I convinced him to demo the more expensive cabels of VDH with his system and he had to admit

that the improvement was huge . good cables are not design to alter the sound but to fulfill the best potential of your systme . If your Hi Fi system

or music sources are bad even the most expensive cabels will not improve anything .

I've said this before but it's worth repeating again. :)

Digital cables make no difference to the sound quality. They either work or they don't.

It is possible to hear a slight difference with some analogue cables in extreme circumstances though. Good analogue cables don't add any noticeable distortion so they all sound the same because they can't make the original signal any better than it already is. Bad cables that do add distortion can make it worse though and I suspect this is what often gets mistaken for an 'improvement' with some of the overpriced audiophile cables.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I have tried to stay away from this thread but this is bordering on ridiculous!

The biggest change you could make is maybe change your amp, then you dont need to spend £££££s on cables to change the sound

I tried Graham Slee cable - no difference so gone back to quality copper cable - maybe change your amp fella

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
ISAC69 said:

I've said this before but it's worth repeating again. :)

Digital cables make no difference to the sound quality. They either work or they don't.

It is possible to hear a slight difference with some analogue cables in extreme circumstances though. Good analogue cables don't add any noticeable distortion so they all sound the same because they can't make the original signal any better than it already is. Bad cables that do add distortion can make it worse though and I suspect this is what often gets mistaken for an 'improvement' with some of the overpriced audiophile cables.

:clap:

Good cables are more transparent and have lower distortion than the cheaper ones . Good HiFi systems / music sources needs better cabels .

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
I have tried to stay away from this thread but this is bordering on ridiculous!

The biggest change you could make is maybe change your amp, then you dont need to spend £££££s on cables to change the sound

I tried Graham Slee cable - no difference so gone back to quality copper cable - maybe change your amp fella

Hi,

I think the old rule was 10-15% of system cost on cables. I may have broken it :)

Cheers

Steve.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Steady on guys, I think you are ganging up on isac, shame on you.

I hace no idea what isacs first language is but I am pretty sure he does better in our language than any on here would manage in his.

Still, I havn't had this much fun on a thread for weeks, bravo isac........ :clap:

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
floyd droid said:
ISAC69 said:
Good HiFi systems / music sources needs better cabels .

Bull s**t

Mr. floyd droid ( "Bull s**t ") you are more than welcome to put 1pound per meter speaker cabels to 5000.00 pound worth speakers the sound you get

will be a totaly Bull s**t

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Aaarrrgggghhhhhhhhh

I knew I shouldnt of come here!

To the OP, if your happy spending £££s on cable then great - but I been there & done it, in the end a new amp did the trick!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Mr. floyd droid ( "Bull s**t ") you are more than welcome to put 1pound per meter speaker cabels to 5000.00 pound worth speakers the sound you get

will be a totaly Bull s**t

Yeah ok you are correct. Enjoy your box of trannies mate.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Aaarrrgggghhhhhhhhh

To the OP, if your happy spending £££s on cable then great - but I been there & done it, in the end a new amp did the trick!

I am upgrading my amp soon this is the reason why I am considering to upgrade my intercconects as well .I am very hapy with my Chord Chorus2 (bought it second hand third the price of new one ) but I will check the Tellurium Ultra Black as well I am changing my Roksan to a pre/ power amp so I have to make a decision if to buy another Chord Chorus2 RCA cabels or to sell it and buy 2 Tellurium Ultra Black cabels .

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
stevebrock said:
Aaarrrgggghhhhhhhhh

I am upgrading my amp soon this is the reason why I am considering to upgrade my intercconcts as well .I am very hapy with my Chord Chorus2 (bought it second hand third the price of new one ) but I will check the Tellurium Ultra Black as well I am changing my Roksan to a pre/ power amp so I have to make a decision if to buy another Chord Chorus2 RCA cabels or to sell it and buy 2 Tellurium Ultra Black cabels .

A new amp will make more difference than a cable will ever make - spending money on those cables would be better spent on a better amp that doesnt require 'expensive/better' cables.

The whole cable thing is just pure marketing hype, yes I got done over too, but wont fall for the same trick twice!

Just sayln like and only MY opinion

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
stevebrock said:
ISAC69 said:
stevebrock said:
Aaarrrgggghhhhhhhhh

I am upgrading my amp soon this is the reason why I am considering to upgrade my intercconcts as well .I am very hapy with my Chord Chorus2 (bought it second hand third the price of new one ) but I will check the Tellurium Ultra Black as well I am changing my Roksan to a pre/ power amp so I have to make a decision if to buy another Chord Chorus2 RCA cabels or to sell it and buy 2 Tellurium Ultra Black cabels .

A new amp will make more difference than a cable will ever make - spending money on those cables would be better spent on a better amp that doesnt require 'expensive/better' cables.

The whole cable thing is just pure marketing hype, yes I got done over too, but wont fall for the same trick twice!

Hi Steve ,

since I will have pre and power instead of integrated amp I must add RCA cabel so it's buying another Chord Chorus2 or to change for two

Tellurium Ultra Blacks . If the differnece will be minor I won't buy the TQ blacks ...

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
stevebrock said:
ISAC69 said:
stevebrock said:
Aaarrrgggghhhhhhhhh

Hi Steve ,

since I will have pre and power instead of integrated amp I must add RCA cabel so it's buying another Chord Chorus2 or to change for two

Tellurium Ultra Blacks . If the differnece will be minor I won't buy the TQ blacks ...

can't believe it.. you've made a progress :clap:

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:

so that's a no then, you're not prepared to prove what you say to the tune of a free 1 million smackaroos.... says it's all really...

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I prepare to take any blind test you want . Belive me after you hear for example the Tellurium Q Ultra black speaker cabels (very expensive !!!!! ) with spekers such as the B&W 802D you will not be able to look back .unfortunately I can't aford it ...

T

the record spot

ISAC69 said:
altruistic.lemon said:
Well, the naysayers also need to prove they're right, and they haven't yet.

Source plus source cable is very important if you use a turntable. Technics famously, if I remember correctly, got their cable capacitance wrong on one model of the SL1210 once and had to do a very quick about face when the complaints rolled in.

Yes my freind all the naysayers are claimimg that they have the ultimative true just because they can't notice any difference between good

cabels to cheap ones . they are sure that the Hi Fi cabels industery is a huge scam god bless them .

Maybe all the magazines making reviews and ratings on cabels are wrong and unreliable and are a part of the scam as well ?

Not ultimate truth at all Isac, just highlighting that there is a degree of difference substantially less than you would claim. All you need to do to really put this to the test is have your claim of 100% right every time to the test. Otherwise, it's just bluff. I mean, I've stated earlier in this thread I can hear a difference between cables and have done many times in the past. It's the choice of terminology where we differ. I think the differences are so small that they merit - in the long run - no great shakes. You differ, but I imagine your "night and day" is my "negligible". Just words.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
:wave: :wave:
ISAC69 said:
I prepare to take any blind test you want . Belive me after you hear for example the Tellurium Q Ultra black speaker cabels (very expensive !!!!! ) with spekers such as the B&W 802D you will not be able to look back .unfortunately I can't aford it ...

dealers must love you:)

I am photographer and the same applies here. Innocent keep buying expensive and quite heavy tripods.. carry it all day just to make one photo in full sun

on ISO 100 while it could be done from hand with same results. same with lenses.. they try to cover every focal length and keep changing lenses and cleaning them instead of shooting... and so on

and my favorite: " if I use fujifilm sd card does my pictures will look the same like I would use fuji film?"

so keep the dealers happy. watch the cables as the music flow inside happily. ciao :wave:

T

the record spot

ISAC69 said:
You don't need magical ears to notice difference between good cables to cheap ones . I admit that on digital and USB cabels

the difference is minor but on analog and speaker cabels the difference is obvious .

So, two copper cables, from different manufacturers sound obviously different do they?

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:

off you pop then http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge/challenge-faq.html :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts