RCA cables

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Who's the one with the imagination now ?

It's invariably the guy in the Dacia Sandero telling himself the guy in the Bentley next to him is no better, because there can't be any diffence since both cars will take them from point A to point B. Funnily, the guy in the Bentley never wonders the same thing.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
lejockey said:
picture-1047902_zps8ee46586.jpg

Cutom ATC SCM50 based speakers, with 6 x custom monoblock amplifiers, custom active crossover (Main monitoring).

Interesting speakers. 8)

Did you build them yourself? Do you have any pictures?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
hifikrazy said:

It's invariably the guy in the Dacia Sandero telling himself the guy in the Bentley next to him is no better, because there can't be any diffence since both cars will take them from point A to point B. Funnily, the guy in the Bentley never wonders the same thing.

No. That would be two Dacia Sanderos, one with and one without pearl orange paint and blingy chromed alloys. Which one is faster?

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Vladimir said:
hifikrazy said:

No. That would be two Dacia Sanderos, one with and one without pearl orange paint and blingy chromed alloys. Which one is faster?

Actually not, since TrevC has now progressed to not only declaring that cables are no different, but amplifiers also sound the same. So the two cars must at least have different engines. Anyway in my opinion, cables and isolation are more like he tyres of a car rather than the alloys.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Frankly I think having differences in opinion is fine. While people like Vladimir get their point across with humour, class and no requirement for the word nonsense, there are those like TrevC with their annoying obnoxious style - Those I not only have zero respect for but I despise.

Broner

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
hifikrazy said:
Vladimir said:
hifikrazy said:

Actually not, since TrevC has now progressed to not only declaring that cables are no different, but amplifiers also sound the same.

No he did not. :wall:

lejockey

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
@steve1979

Thanks :) Yes, they were the result of over 18 months design and build. They have an asymetrical cross-section internally, and are actively crossed over.

If you pm me I can link you to a picture album showing the design and build process? I am taking them to the anachoic chamber at UCL soon to test them further :)

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
:read:

"Good Cables merely allow the system's components to perform at their highest level; they won't make a poor system or bad component match

sound good. Start with a high-quality, well-choosen system and select cables and interconnects that allow that system to achieve its highest

musical performance. Remember, a cable or interconnect can't actually effect an absloute improvement in the sound; thee good ones merely

do less harm . "

The Complete Guide to High-End Audio by Robert Harley , Chp. 11 p. 279

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Broner said:
hifikrazy said:
Actually not, since TrevC has now progressed to not only declaring that cables are no different, but amplifiers also sound the same.

Are you his attorney? Actually you will find that he did, but I'm not going to bother trying to prove it to you because I can't imagine a more unappealing task than to search through all of TrevC's posts to find the relevant one.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
lejockey said:
@steve1979

Thanks :) Yes, they were the result of over 18 months design and build. They have an asymetrical cross-section internally, and are actively crossed over.

If you pm me I can link you to a picture album showing the design and build process? I am taking them to the anachoic chamber at UCL soon to test them further :)

Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow PM's. But if you can post a link to a picture album I would be very interested to see it (so would a lot of other people here too I imagine).

It will be interesting to to see how they perform in an anachoic chamber too. Your speakers deserve their own thread. It would be much better than reading about cables that's for sure.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
hifikrazy said:
Frankly I think having differences in opinion is fine. While people like Vladimir get their point across with humour, class and no requirement for the word nonsense, there are those like TrevC with their annoying obnoxious style - Those I not only have zero respect for but I despise.

Nonsense.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
lejockey said:
@steve1979

I would second the request for a separate thread on your speakers.

I have recently helped by son with his DT project, active speakers for his PC. He based them on the 'Minidsp' range of DSP crossovers and class D amplifiers. While not a complete success, he enjoyed doing it.

Are you using DSP crossovers yourself?

Broner

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
hifikrazy said:
Broner said:
hifikrazy said:

Are you his attorney? Actually you will find that he did, but I'm not going to bother trying to prove it to you because I can't imagine a more unappealing task than to search through all of TrevC's posts to find the relevant one.
Nonsense.

TrevC

hifikrazy said:
Vladimir said:
hifikrazy said:

Actually not, since TrevC has now progressed to not only declaring that cables are no different, but amplifiers also sound the same. So the two cars must at least have different engines. Anyway in my opinion, cables and isolation are more like he tyres of a car rather than the alloys.

14773b2971c73b-43.-Pinocchio.jpg

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Broner said:
hifikrazy said:
Broner said:
hifikrazy said:

Nonsense.

Comical.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
ISAC69 said:

"Good Cables merely allow the system's components to perform at their highest level; they won't make a poor system or bad component match

sound good. Start with a high-quality, well-choosen system and select cables and interconnects that allow that system to achieve its highest

musical performance. Remember, a cable or interconnect can't actually effect an absloute improvement in the sound; thee good ones merely

do less harm . "

Wow at last a quote that expllains why cable make a difference. Well found ISAC69 It's funny no one has picked up on this and made some comments about it being hogwash. I have some scientific proof better cables allow any system to work at its best even if that best is poor.

Of course cables don't make a system better but only allow us to hear how good our systems are.

When I have set up a photobucket thingy and I can get my evidence in it I will post them on hear and see how high I can fuel the fire and love that's so evident in this community of Hi-fi enthusiasts.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
ISAC69 said:

do less harm . "

Wow at last a quote that expllains why cable make a difference. Well found ISAC69 It's funny no one has picked up on this and made some comments about it being hogwash. I have some scientific proof better cables allow any system to work at its best even if that best is poor.

Of course cables don't make a system better but only allow us to hear how good our systems are.

When I have set up a photobucket thingy and I can get my evidence in it I will post them on hear and see how high I can fuel the fire and love that's so evident in this community of Hi-fi enthusiasts.

This has been posted before. Robert Harley is editor of 'Absolute Sound' magazine that relies on advertising revenue for its business. While that doesn't automatically mean that he is biased, it does raise the question of his impartiality.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Surely it is easy to find a quote to prove or disprove anything. Only believe the Internet if u believe spagetti is harvested from trees. Good scientific experimentation is harder to find in this arena.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Touraj Moghaddam separated from Roksan to open a new Hi-End audio specialized brand called Vertere. He makes a turntable tonearm that costs $35.000. When asked why does it cost that much he explains something in the logic of just like Formula 1 the last 2% of extracted performance cost like 1000 times than the rest 98% and demand the highest attention, work and engineering knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_LYePY07_c

Vertere started off by making cables first. He said cables should "do no harm", just pass on the signal without alterations and the cables that surpase others will cost more because of more attention, work and engineering knowledge invested. Again like in Formula 1, the winners live in the final 2%.

So people who are rich, succesfull and apreciate winners and performance, they want the overpriced 2%ers, not the stock cable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWniZH1YmRM

Makes sense?

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
ISAC69 said:

do less harm . "

You are wrong you did not understand waht hi is saying ,

You need to invest in good cables because the bad ones ( usually the cheap ones ) are harming the sound quality , the good one

are doing less harm .

To summarize everyones who claim that all cables are the same :

All the calbes manufactures are crooks

All the Hi Fi Magazines reviewing cables are a part of a scam with the cables industry .

Al the experts and reviewers of cables are crooks too. they don't hear any differnece between cables but they will give a good reviews only to the manufactures that are a part of the scam , the other manufactures that aren't a part of the scam will get a bad reviews .

VERY FUNNY INDEED .
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

TRENDING THREADS