R dac and sky HD into stereo amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have bought a new R dac to give my TV sound a boost and to move my second system over to a digital pc based one.

I've just conected my r Dac to the sky box via an optical cable (as I had it lying about) and then from the dac into my cyrus stereo amp via rca leads. The sound is so so quiet that if I crank it around to the end of the scale I can just about hear it. Before I had a cheepo cyp dac for £40 and the sound was fantastic, and was only at about 10pm on the scale to give a good loud sound.

Am I doing something wrong or is the dac broken? I have connected it up as the manual but just a mouse like sound is coming out of the speakers!

I was execting to be sort of blown away by the sound, not having no sound at all....

PLEASE HELP!

A

Anonymous

Just checked again, and the sound does not even come on until the dial of the amp is at 12 o clock, and it is wired up correctly (I think) as there is not any difference from what the cyp cheap dac was done like.....

My GF is doing her nut at the moment as she is missing her programs with me playing around!

Could it be the output section of the dac?

A

Anonymous

I have done my final checks and even when having the computer linked to the rDac with usb, the sound still does not come through at all. I have got to turn the 8vs2's volume dial round to 12 o clock for any sound to come out (just about starting to hear it!) and if I turn it to full whack, then some does come out but is is awful.

What could be wrong with the Dac, do you have any ideas????

Phil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts