Question on speaker cable and banana plugs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks,

I've just bought the equipment in my signature. I plan to make up some speaker cables at the lengths I need and am planning the following hardware:

1) Chord Carnival Silver Screen cable, with
2) Fisual Easy Fix Banana Plugs
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-Easy-Fix-Banana-Plugs/dp/B00169BIF0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297025702&sr=8-1

Chord Carnival's are award winners so hopefully they will be OK. I've already bought the plugs from Amazon, however now I'm wondering if the plugs are a little too 'cheap & cheerful' for my system. They are gold plated which I thought would be all I needed, but I don't really know much about cables or banana plugs. Are these choices OK?

Many thanks

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
RJT:
Hi folks,

I've just bought the equipment in my signature. I plan to make up some speaker cables at the lengths I need and am planning the following hardware:

1) Chord Carnival Silver Screen cable, with
2) Fisual Easy Fix Banana Plugs
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-Easy-Fix-Banana-Plugs/dp/B00169BIF0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297025702&sr=8-1

Chord Carnival's are award winners so hopefully they will be OK. I've already bought the plugs from Amazon, however now I'm wondering if the plugs are a little too 'cheap & cheerful' for my system. They are gold plated which I thought would be all I needed, but I don't really know much about banana plugs. Are these choices OK?

Many thanks

emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

It will be fine. I prefer to just fit the cable to the binding posts rather than using banana plugs. But really any will do the trick if you want quick and easy connections.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback folks. One quick followup question..

Has anyone had problems with the mains cable causing interference in other cables? i.e speaker cable, analogue cable btw source and amp? My AV unit has a single hole at the back to route cables. Somehow it doesn't seem very smart to run mains cables and analogue audio cables too closely together.

Any thoughts on whether this is an issue?

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
RJT:
Thanks for the feedback folks. One quick followup question..

Has anyone had problems with the mains cable causing interference in other cables? i.e speaker cable, analogue cable btw source and amp? My AV unit has a single hole at the back to route cables. Somehow it doesn't seem very smart to run mains cables and analogue audio cables too closely together.

Any thoughts on whether this is an issue?

Chord silver screen is a shielded speaker cable (one of the few shielded designs to come anywhere close in performance at this price) and thus this offers some protection against inferference. Ideally use a shielded mains cable also to ensure there isn't any interference. If you don't want to upgrade mains cable(s) now, try not to run cables together in parallel and have them cross each other where they meet (rather than coiling them up together)
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks AA for the advice. As it happens, I ordered the cable from you guys online earlier today.
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts