QED Silver Anniversary XT or Anniversary XT Evolution?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can have either of these cables at the same price - QED Silver Anniversary XT or Anniversary XT Evolution, which one is the better cable to go with the following budget system:

Musical fidelity B200 amp

Acoustic solutions AV-120 speakers

Is the XT Evolution better as it is the newer cable?

Thanks Dave

A

Anonymous

Assuming they are the same price...

XT Evolution is 10mmx5mm and Aniversary XT is 8mmx4mm in diameter so if flexibility is important go with the thinner one.

I replaced my cheap but good quality copper cables recently with XT Evolution and couldn't detect any difference.

A

Anonymous

May be save some money and get some 322 strand OFC off the bay.

A

Anonymous

Why woud you not buy any? If you were selecting out of the 2 which one would you go for and why?

Thanks Dave

A

Anonymous

I don't have any cables as I lost them when moving house.

Please could someone answer the question as I have been offered these 2 cables at a very good price and they are both the same price, so which one is best to go for?

Dave

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply, but as I said I want to choose between these 2 cables. A friend is offering them to me as cheap as budget cables so I would not save any money.

Which of the 2 cables would you go for and why?

A

Anonymous

So are you saying the standard cables are better than these regardless of price? I will be able to buy these cables off my friend for a cheaper price than the standard. Are you saying i should still go for the standard and spend more money?

A

Anonymous

These are perfectly good cables, especially if you include the QED airloc connectors which look very smart and should prevent oxidation over time.

If they are cheaper than standard cables then you have nothing to lose by buying them.

A

Anonymous

Just for info, I purchased my 322 strand OFC speaker cable off the bay. I got a 10 m length and it cost me £5.29 making a price per meter of 52.9 pence.

david151 said:
So are you saying the standard cables are better than these regardless of price? I will be able to buy these cables off my friend for a cheaper price than the standard. Are you saying i should still go for the standard and spend more money?

Hi Dave

Yes, i feel these standard speaker cables are about as good as they get regardless of price. As an eg. i am using these cables with a Plinius Odean amplifier and Monitor Audio PL 200AV. 500 strand on PL200/PLC350 and 79 strand on PL100's.

Keep it simple.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
QED are to my ears generally hard and bright sounding. Awful for the money

Id personally recommend Van Damme UP LC-OFC which has less grain than standard OFC and sounds FAR better than any QED ive heard

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts