QAcoustics Q7000: Question for WHF Test Team

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
To the WHF team thanks for a great review on the new QAcoustics Q7000 style speakers. I have two questions for the review concerning their comments in the 'Reviewers Notes...5 days with the Q Acoustics Q7000':

1. Day 1: Quote - 'In moving the stand's ball joint into the 'wall-bracket position''. Can they indicate how much this added to the depth of the speakers?

2. Day 2: Quote - 'Undoing the subwoofer's single bolt to get to the input board causes the sub to fall apart like a clown's car'. What exactly does this mean, and exactly how much of the sub falls apart (sounds very disconcerting)? Also, I'm assuming that it is this panel when fitted that faces forward, so being that the input board is behind this panel is there any issue with cables being visible (I'm assuming they drop down behind the panel and beneath the unit for routing along the wall)?

Thanks,

Paul.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi Paul

With the stand deployed as a wall bracket, you can add around 5cm to the speakers' overall depth.

I must emphasise the sub is meant to come apart - but if you undo the bolt while it's standing on its feet it can topple. Best to lie it on its side before unscrewing the retaining bolt. The sub can face any way you want it too (that's part of the charm of its fixed-boundary configuration) and the cabling appears from the bottom of the cabinet, where it becomes visible.

Amoose

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
This package appears to fit the bill for my requirements as I need something small yet can produce good musical quality as well as movie soundtracks. What I would like to know is

1. How do they compare with the likes of the B&W MT25 or KEF 3000?

2. What would be the best amp to partner this package?

Look forward to your reply

Cheers

Andy

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
how come the is no info on the Qacoustics Website about them? is the tewwter a ring tweeter like the ones on AE neo range?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
ear said:
how come the is no info on the Qacoustics Website about them?

I guess Q Acoustics hasn't updated its site yet – maybe it doesn't have the huge dedicated team we have to keep this site as up to date as possible ;)

ear said:
is the tewwter a ring tweeter like the ones on AE neo range?

Yes, it is a 25mm ring radiator.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that Andy. just strange they give you an exemplar do test before info on their site.they must be a winner.now if they'd put that same tweeter on the new 2000i range...

Amoose

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
I think the recent awards answered my first question but what about partnering with an amp. With the Onkyo 609 and the Q7000 both being award winners and both described as tonally neutral will this be a marriage made in heaven or do you have any other recommendations?

se7en

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Dear All,

I know this is the Q Acoustics Q7000 thread. I would just like to ask a couple of questions I am thinking of either Q7000 or Q2000 Range after initially thinking of the B&W MT25 now discontinued and price.

Given the choices of amp i want to go for would you think the Q Acoustic are the better speakers to go for??

What Amp would you partner the above speaker systems with out of yamaha rx-v671 or Onkyo Tx-nr609 or any other amp for that matter needs to be 3d ready though.

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Amoose said:
With the Onkyo 609 and the Q7000 both being award winners and both described as tonally neutral will this be a marriage made in heaven or do you have any other recommendations?

Anyone?

Thanks,

Neil

Hello Neil,

I expect that pairing the new Q Acoustics 7000 speaker package with the Onkyo 609 would produce wonderful results because they are both clearly excellent products.

For academic interest the 7000s, like all very high quality loudspeakers are designed to be completely neutral in their sonic presentation and of course to work perfectly with every good amplifer. I'm completely confident we achieved this goal. Over the last couple of weeks, for the purposes of forthcoming reviews, I have set-up a number 7000 systems in magazine listening rooms and journalist's homes. Naturally they have been connected to a number of different AV amps (including an older Onkyo model) and have in my opinion, sounded simply brilliant on every occassion.

For purely academic interest, during the prolonged design process for the 7000s, we used NAD, Naim and Yamaha amplifiers.

Best regards,

Steve Reichert, PR Manager - Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

A

Anonymous

Hi Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, it is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

A

Anonymous

Hi Steve,

Steve Reichert PR Manager ArmourHome said:
I expect that pairing the new Q Acoustics 7000 speaker package with the Onkyo 609 would produce wonderful results because they are both clearly excellent products.

I thought you'd like to know that I took the plunge and ordered the new Q Acoustics 7000 speaker package and the Onkyo 609. So, if I have any problems, I know where to come. :)

Thanks again,

Neil

A

Anonymous

Dear WHF, im just a new member and delved into the home cinema market. Allready having a panasonic 50" v series tv I wanted to upgrade the sound from my all in one panasonic blu ray system. I decided on the Q Acoustics Q7000`s and a Yamaha A2010. Do you think this will be a good combination and a worthy choice together. Unfortunately i stay nowhere near any demo centres so had to read up online and extensively through WHF reviews, i opted for the Yamaha A2010 as i got it delivered for not much more than the A1010, (5 star product) but initially i thought it might be too good for speakers????. Also which speaker cable would you recommend along with sub lead. PS. I also ordered a panasonic BDT220 blu ray player, hopefully once all hooked up to T.V it will be a good system.

Comments appreciated

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We haven't tested the Yamaha RX-A2010, but on the evidence of the RX-A1010 and RX-A3010 (both five-star products) it comes from a good heritage. Should work well with the Q Acoustics Q7000 package, no problem. As for speaker able, try something like the Award-winning Chord Co Carnival Silver Screen at £6/m.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again Andy, good peace of mind now hearing from the pros. Should i use that cable on all speakers or is it ok to use less expensive stuff like chord layline or qed silver micro on the surround speakers???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts