Q Acoustics Concept 20 vs MA Bronze 2

skysounds

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone heard/compared the q acoustics concept 20 and the monitor audio bronze 2?
I have the concept 20, and I recently bought the bronze 1 for in my kitchen. I really like their sound. Open sounding like the concept 20, but more forward.The concepts are more detailed, which is great for a lot of my sensitive/organic music taste (singer-songwriter/indie/mainstream bands/folk etc.) I really love their sound and they do something special with vocals. I just wish they were a bit less restrained. So I'm curious, are the bronze 2 like the bronze 1 but with more detail (and bass of course) like the concept 20's? My amp is a cambridge audio minx xi btw. Thanks very much!

skysounds said:
Has anyone heard/compared the q acoustics concept 20 and the monitor audio bronze 2?

I have the concept 20, and I recently bought the bronze 1 for in my kitchen. I really like their sound. Open sounding like the concept 20, but more forward. The concepts are more detailed, which is great for a lot of my sensitive/organic music taste (singer-songwriter/indie/mainstream bands/folk etc.) I really love their sound and they do something special with vocals. I just wish they were a bit less restrained. So I'm curious, are the bronze 2 like the bronze 1 but with more detail (and bass of course) like the concept 20's? My amp is a cambridge audio minx xi btw. Thanks very much!

Some people might have but probably not with your equipment and certainly not in your room. The only real way of telling is to try to audition them yourself unfortunately.

doifeellucky

I'm looking at the Concept 20's, Bronze 2's and Zensor 3's to go with either the Minx xi, Marantz PM6005 or Cambridge CXA60. Will be having a demo on Friday so will give some feedback then. How do you find the Minx xi? It's what I need due to its streaming capabilities but I am considering the PM6005 or CXA60 with Chromecast Audio if the sound is noticeably better with a dedicated amp. I'm mostly Spotify, but do have mp3's and CD's that I might play through my Sony 7200 Blu Ray.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The Concept 20 has a reputation for responding very positively to better amplification, I have little doubt that they will open up with much better amplification.

Whether you are prepared to pay for that is a different matter, up to you as always.

If you want to stick with an all in one amp/streaming combination then the Bronze 2s are much easier to drive. They have a characteristic sound, if you get on with that they will be fine.

skysounds

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
doifeellucky said:
I'm looking at the Concept 20's, Bronze 2's and Zensor 3's to go with either the Minx xi, Marantz PM6005 or Cambridge CXA60. Will be having a demo on Friday so will give some feedback then. How do you find the Minx xi? It's what I need due to its streaming capabilities but I am considering the PM6005 or CXA60 with Chromecast Audio if the sound is noticeably better with a dedicated amp. I'm mostly Spotify, but do have mp3's and CD's that I might play through my Sony 7200 Blu Ray.

Hi,

Sorry didnt check this forum for some days.
I really like the minx xi. I have a marantz m-cr510 as well and I notice the minx makes the concept 20s sound better. More clarity, just more body tot the music in general.

Another q acoustics speaker you can try is the Q acoustics 3020. I compared them to the concept 20's and Im actually thinking of selling the 20s, they probably do need some more expensive amp to really shine. I still enjoy them though, I love the concept 20s detail and what they do with vocals.
The 3020 are more forward sounding, they are also very open, good soundstage like the 20s and with good detail + beautiful sounding vocals. They are great, especially for their price.
Havent listened to the bronze 2, I was thinking about trying them but I dont want my speakers to be larger than the q acoustics. I'm sure they sound great. Love the bronze 1. I did listen to the zensor 3 (with a marantz m-cr610), and it must be me, but this is not my type of speaker. Too boomy for my taste and just not open. But many many people love them so you might do as well.

skysounds

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
doifeellucky said:

How did the demo go?
Just wanted to say that I decided to keep the q acoustics 3020, I'm selling the concept 20's. The 3020's are a much better match with the minx xi. I realise now that the Concept 20's need a more expensive amp, they sound fine (on the minx xi) with laidback music, singer-songwriter etc. but in combination with the 3020's the music just comes much more alive, it's a whole lot more engaging whatever type of music you play. It actually feels like I bought bigger speakers, because these speakers just push more music into the living room, I'm really enjoying my music a lot more! So, my advise would be to not buy the concept 20's if you're going for something like the minx xi. I guess the smooth marantz PM6005 will also not bring out the best of the concept 20's.
I suppose with an amp like the Cambridge CXA60, it will be a different story.

doifeellucky

In the end I went with the CXA60 and Zensor 3's. The MA Bronze 2's and Concept 20's seemed a bit flat in comparison but that is just how I felt on the day. I needed three optical connections so in the end the CXA60 was the only viable choice.

So far I'm very happy with them both.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts