Primare Kit...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

How does primare kit sound in general? Does it sound warm like say, Nad or Arcam, or neutral like rotels?

Models of interest are : Primare A33.2 and primare pre30.

Speakers Proac response d 2,

Thanks for your input

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:batonwielder:

Warm and clear like none of the above.
emotion-2.gif

I've been preaching Primare/Proac combo for some time, now. You must hear it to believe it.

Or Primare/PMC...

I`ve got proacs duncan.. what do you think with the primare pre30 and a33.2 combo?

Also is the a33.2 powerful enough for the proacs, or you need somethig like the massive A32 ?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

batonwielder:

emotion-2.gif

I've been preaching Primare/Proac combo for some time, now. You must hear it to believe it.

Thanks for your answer.. how about detail ? I like a very detailed and open sound, together with a nice midrange

John Duncan

daspaceman:I`ve got proacs duncan.. what do you think with the primare pre30 and a33.2 combo?

I haven't heard the pre/power combo but the a30.2 and i30 integrateds (presumably the same sonic signature) on the end of various PMCs and Proac standmounts (specifically the Tablette Reference 8 Signature) sound amazing.

A

Anonymous

Thanks john duncan.. do you think the a33.2 power amp (120w rms into 8ohms, 200 into 4 ohms) is enough to power the proacs (88.5 db sensitivity) . There is also a monster a32 power amp (250 int 8ohms)

A

Anonymous

Hi

I bought a midrange primare amp and cd player and wasn't happy with it as it seriously lacked punch & weight even after upgrading my dynaudio speakers so I ended up buying a Cyrus set up. I have heard the Primare 30 go and must say that was wicked but still thought the cyrus was better, so my advice is if you want and can buy the best primare then go for it otherwise look elsewhere, must also say the Build quality on the primare is faultless too...

Happy shopping!!!

A

Anonymous

Papasmurf25:

Hi

I bought a midrange primare amp and cd player and wasn't happy with it as it seriously lacked punch & weight even after upgrading my dynaudio speakers so I ended up buying a Cyrus set up. I have heard the Primare 30 go and must say that was wicked but still thought the cyrus was better, so my advice is if you want and can buy the best primare then go for it otherwise look elsewhere, must also say the Build quality on the primare is faultless too...

Happy shopping!!!

But it depends on the speakers.... What speakers did you audition the primare with

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
daspaceman:batonwielder:

Thanks for your answer.. how about detail ? I like a very detailed and open sound, together with a nice midrange

I was quite taken with the sound exactly for what you are describing.

Incredibly detailed and open, with the best midrange there is. Absolutely stunning with vocals and holographic.

A

Anonymous

B&W, Dynaudio, Mordaunt short and another make which I can't remember, both floorstanders and standmounts and all were given 4 or 5 star reviews from what hifi I remember that which made it obvious it was the primare that didn't have that sparkle apart from the Primare 30 range.

A

Anonymous

Papasmurf25:B&W, Dynaudio, Mordaunt short and another make which I can't remember, both floorstanders and standmounts and all were given 4 or 5 star reviews from what hifi I remember that which made it obvious it was the primare that didn't have that sparkle apart from the Primare 30 range.

What do you mean by this?

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Mr Spaceman, if you want kit that just gets on with the job of reproducing music, the primare gear is worthy of a dem. If you want 'sparkle' 'paint stripper' ' filling rattling grab your attention quickly, look at something else. Or Naim
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS