Primare has a low profile

John Duncan

plastic penguin:
Primare rarely hogs the limelight. I think it's been about three years since the I30 was Group tested and their not often mentioned on the forum (comparatively speaking).

Debate please. . .

if it ain't broke...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I think JD's many mentions of Primare knobs makes them one of the better-known small hi-fi brands on these Forums!

But seriously.... they've been very quiet of late. Which is why i've set up a meeting with their CEO at the Consumer Electronics Show in January - i'll be reporting back....

John Duncan

Clare Newsome:
I think JD's many mentions of Primare knobs makes them one of the better-known small hi-fi brands on these Forums!

But seriously.... they've been very quiet of late. Which is why i've set up a meeting with their CEO at the Consumer Electronics Show in January - i'll be reporting back....

I'm available if you need a batman...

John Duncan

As in "if it ain't broke"? I mean why upgrade for the sake of it - it;s still one of the best (if not the best) £1,500 amp out there, so why meddle? In fact didn;t they make the i31 and it wasn't as good so they went back to the i30?

Clare Newsome:

That argument doesn't really hold up - JD also mentions custard creams too. . .

John Duncan

plastic penguin:Clare Newsome:

That argument doesn't really hold up - JD also mentions custard creams too. . .

Which is one of the best (though certainly not the best) teatime snack available under £1.50.

John Duncan

plastic penguin:One of my work colleagues this morning said that Primare is Ikea of the Hi-Fi world. . .these are NOT my words I hasten to add

Where do you work P? If it's reasonably close by, am happy to come round and make him see the error his ways.

JohnDuncan:plastic penguin:One of my work colleagues this morning said that Primare is Ikea of the Hi-Fi world. . .these are NOT my words I hasten to add Where do you work P? If it's reasonably close by, am happy to come round and make him see the error his ways.

As long as you're not too hard on HER, excuse the pun. . .

I'm sure Leatherhead isn't too much of a hike.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Unless i'm mistaken,didn't Primare release the A33.2(with upgraded power-supply & improved circuitry) to supercede the A30.2 this year?

I've yet to hear it,but i understand it was designed to be more effective at driving difficult speaker loads than it's predecessors.

Anyone else had opportunity to hear the A33.2 & been able to compare it to it's forebear,the A30.2?

BABUR.

Babur72:

Hi Guys,

Unless i'm mistaken,didn't Primare release the A33.2(with upgraded power-supply & improved circuitry) to supercede the A30.2 this year?

I've yet to hear it,but i understand it was designed to be more effective at driving difficult speaker loads than it's predecessors.

Anyone else had opportunity to hear the A33.2 & been able to compare it to it's forebear,the A30.2?

BABUR.

Yes, quite possibly - although I can't say with any certainty. John Duncan is the man for any new Primare releases.

If they have then it's yet to be reviewed at WHFI? Towers. Watch this space as they say. . .

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:Babur72:

Hi Guys,

BABUR.

Yes, quite possibly - although I can't say with any certainty. John Duncan is the man for any new Primare releases.

If they have then it's yet to be reviewed at WHFI? Towers. Watch this space as they say. . .

Hi P.P.,

I forgot to mention that the A33.2 power-amp's. SRP is around £1,600.Whereas the old A30.2's was only around the £1,200 mark.Mind you,they must have done a fair bit of work in improving the A33.2,as it does weigh about 25% more.

I know my chum Chris. can't wait to demo. Primare's new addition & look to upgrade his current Pre-30/A30.2 system.I know he's got his heart set on using them to bi-amp. his 803S's...Blimey!

Anyhow.Where is JD when you need 'im?

BABUR.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
just had a quick look at the primare website. wasn't the a31.2 supposed to replace the a30.2? anyway, both have gone from the primare site so i can't compare directly, but looking at the specs for the a33.2, they appear, iirc, to be the same (power wise) as the old amp. can't wait to see some reviews and i might have to see if my local shop can get me one to listen to.

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I think the A31.2 replaced the A30.2. Although the power output of the A33.2 is the same, it has larger transformers to deliver the power and hence is a larger, heavier unit.

A

Anonymous

They've recently (October) released the SP32 upgradeable surround sound processor. Haven't seen any reviews of it yet.

John Duncan

plastic penguin:
JohnDuncan:plastic penguin:One of my work colleagues this morning said that Primare is Ikea of the Hi-Fi world. . .these are NOT my words I hasten to add Where do you work P? If it's reasonably close by, am happy to come round and make him see the error his ways.

As long as you're not too hard on HER, excuse the pun. . .

I'm sure Leatherhead isn't too much of a hike.

I'll be right there. Unusual that a woman cannot tell the difference between IKEA and Heals though...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts