Praise & shame - rate your new vinyl here

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
I thought it would be worth bumping this thread to give an honourable mention to the new reissue of Mezzanine by Massive Attack - amazing depth of sound, and detail I've never heard on the CD copy.

To be fair, the original vinyl copy was way better than the CD as well. I have an early one and a reissue, although I haven't compared them directly as I've no interest how they compare to each other, only to the CD copy.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
To be fair, the original vinyl copy was way better than the CD as well. I have an early one and a reissue, although I haven't compared them directly as I've no interest how they compare to each other, only to the CD copy.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't mean to imply that the reissue was better than the original; apologies for the lack of clarity. In this case, the album came out when I didn't have a turntable or a particularly permanent address, so I bought the CD and now can't afford the prices asked for the original! Reissues aren't always as well pressed as originals, so I was really pleased with this one. Good to hear the original was at least as good. If I ever find a NM copy at a reasonable price.... (same for the first two albums).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts